2,744 results
All reviews the pearl macaroons welcome drink unique hotel terrace room turn down service the river walk hotel experience brewery larder margarita fireplace turndown staycation repurposed riverwalk concierge
Reviewed June 15, 2018

I spent two days at Emma last week and I'm still having re-entry problems back into my normal life in NYC. From the moment we arrived until check out, we were spoiled beyond imagination. We pulled up to the hotel and were practically carried on a pillow to our room, and our entire stay was a sweet dream. Can not thank the staff enough for their graciousness.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank gingermarshallfi2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018

Simply outstanding. Wonderful hotel in a wonderful area. Feels like it is 100s of years old yet brand new. Riverwalk is right there. Fine dining and shopping in all directions. Amazing staff and service.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2018

Hotel Emma is a beautiful hotel. The artistic mesh of elegance with the property’s brewery history is brilliantly showcased. The ambiance makes you feel like you’ve stepped into the 1900’s. The service is first class.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2018

I have stayed in a lot of hotels - in a lot of cities. With 10 cross country road trips under my belt and multiple trips abroad, I am no stranger to stays in motels, hotels, and everything in between. It is with that experience that I say that the Hotel Emma is the absolutely best hotel that I have ever stayed in.
First of all, the hotel is breathtakingly beautiful and in a stellar location. We had our two year old son with us, who was so excited to find a splash pad in the little city square behind the hotel. The riverwalk is gorgeous - even at 103 degrees - and restaurants are plentiful (and delicious!). Every detail of the hotel seems to be thought out with great care and attention to detail. I was continually blown away by all the small touches and the beauty that could be found in every bit of the hotel and our room.

Even with all of that, though, the absolute star of the Hotel Emma is its staff. Every person we met just glowed with kindness and sincerity. They couldn't seem to stop finding ways to make our stay more special. Coming back from dinner (at a delicious vegetarian restaurant around the corner called Green), I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely turn down service - calm music playing, macaroons, cold water with fresh ice, sleeping kits, and even a cleaning cloth left on top of my iPad!

During our stay I unfortunately caught a cold. My husband made a call to request that the turn down service for that night be limited to the living room area - since I would be sick in bed. The staff not only obliged our request, but quickly and kindly asked if I might enjoy some hot tea and soup. The tea was at our room within minutes and was so lovely. I was blown away by their care and concern. What wonderful service (and wonderful humans!!). Serious kudos to your hiring team, Hotel Emma. Your staff is an absolutely treasure.

We were just passing through San Antonio for a few days on a trip to the east coast, but were so struck by our time at the Hotel Emma that we are already dreaming up future trips back to San Antonio - just so we can stay at this beautiful hotel. If you are considering a trip to San Antonio, you absolutely must stay at the Hotel Emma. Your stay will be luxurious with every comfort thought of by the most wonderful people.

Thank you, Hotel Emma!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bailey W
Reviewed June 12, 2018

This is the most beautiful hotel with such great attention to detail! The concierge Hannah made our anniversary so special by leaving a handwritten card and treats in our room. Highly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple