Lowest prices for your stay
US$108
Free cancellation until 21-05-22
Hotels.comUS$108
PricelineUS$108
StayForLongUS$130
All reviews six flags fiesta texas great location front desk la cantera breakfast staff business travel great stay room was clean lobby pillows shuttle ac convenience conference
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2020 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Rim in Feb 2020 (pre-COVID). I was a little nervous about parking in the back on the first night given that a couple reviews mentioned their car windows being broken while staying there. However, once we arrived, we realized we were staying in a VERY nice area. We live in Cypress, TX and people are always complaining about the same thing at nearby restaurants and at the mall. My assessment is that this happens here no more than anywhere else ... and you need to be smart and not leave ANYTHING in the car. The one time this happened to our car at a motel is when we left the car loaded up because we were too tired on our cross country trip to unpack ... never again (this was in Waco). Anyway, back to the Hilton Garden Inn. We really enjoyed our stay and thought the staff were very friendly. They had plenty of snacks at the front desk for when you check in/out. When I checked in I got a small oatmeal cookie (delicious!) and when I checked out, they had a candy dispenser and I got a small cup of M&Ms (they may not be doing this anymore due to COVID). We had 4 people staying in the room and the beds and towels were comfortable. They also provide a small fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. The bathroom was well lit and the shower had good water pressure. Since we’re gold status with Hilton, 2 breakfast buffets were included in our rate. When I checked in, I asked how much it would be for my two children to also eat there and the front desk clerk offered us complimentary passes for them as well. This was really appreciated and made the Garden Inn an even better value. The first time I stayed at a Garden Inn was in Lubbock two weeks ago and what caused me to book the Garden Inn this time, was the great experience of a nice motel with included high quality breakfast (versus what a Best Western or Holiday Inn Express offers). Anyway, I’m now a faithful Garden Inn fan and will continue to stay at this brand in the Hilton Chain. To be honest, the food at the Lubbock Garden Inn was a bit better (loved their mexican breakfast specials), but this one was more than adequate. I got a delicious custom made omelette each day, fresh fruit, and hot tea — while the rest of the family ate off the buffet andd had bacon, potatoes, refried beans, fruit, cereal, and make your own waffles. They also ordered pancakes and french toast but said they were just OK. Either way, we were very appreciative of the food as this saved us quite a bit of money. Just be sure to tip since your meals are complimentary. We only had 2 minor issues with our stay. The first was finding places to plug in all our electrical devices (5 phones, 1 ipad, laptop). I had to pullout the nightstand for my 3 devices and my son plugged his iphone in behind the chair near the window and later discovered he forgot his charger at the hotel (his fault). My other son just said there were plenty of charging places around the desk (but that is where he camped out so we didn’t know). The other was the room temperature. As the outside temperature was in the high 30’s to mid 50’s, our room had the heat on. The first night I turned it down to 68, but it stayed in the 70’s and felt very warm. The second night I turned off the heat, but it still stayed in the 70’s. When I woke up early the next day due to feeling very warm, I turned the AC on and set it at 69 degrees and the room finally felt cool. I think the room was getting the heat from the rest of the hotel because we didn’t have either system on all night - except for the fan. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank brendas329
Reviewed October 1, 2020

My family had been cooped up at home, so I decided to take a weekend trip to San Antonio and it turns out it was just what we needed. The front desk staff was so welcoming, the pool was awesome, and our rooms were so carefully cleaned and comfortable. Even with all of the COVID precautions, we still enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was so accommodating and whipped us all up a great breakfast. All the staff went above and beyond to make our stay great. We’re planning another stay in December and my kids can’t wait!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2020

I had a good first experience with this hotel. Rooms are clean and the location is phenomenal. Everything you need is there for you to have a great visit to San Antonio. Once this pandemic is more under control the theme parks will be open for fun and they are just across the street.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Davin D
Reviewed March 10, 2020

The La Cantera Resort where my conference was held was full and this was a GREAT option! It was close. Easy to get in and out. Clean room that exceeded my expectations. Compared to the cost of the resort, this was very cost-effective.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIRIMAGM, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio At The Rim, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2020

We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations Linda! We hope to see you back soon!

Luis E. Valdez Garcia
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2020 via mobile

What an exquisite time I had this Hilton beginning from the Front Desk young lady who I forgot to get on the 3-11pm shift with genuine kindness and hospitality. She ensured that all my needs and assistance were met. When I enter my room I had signed Birthday card , decorated , and bag of delicious treats. Wonderful! The hotel aesthetic had excellent decor with open bar and restaurant available. Love my room with superb and quality housekeeping service by Adriana with her cute singing bird note of thanks. My granddaughter who shared my birthday staycationing with me was pleasing happy because she stated that I wish we could stay here. I felt exactly the same response. Wow!! That tells so much about this hotel service to their guests.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

It was a pleasure having you at the Hilton Garden Inn for your birthday! We are glad you loved your stay with us and hopefully you will come back soon to celebrate another one!

Luis E. Valdez Garcia