“Really disappointing - could be great”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #316 of 4,986 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Part adventure, part restaurant and wholly entertaining. The Rainforest Cafe is an exciting thrill for all ages. Wild times await in a decorative jungle with animatronics and a menu of delicious American and tropical fare.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited twice in one day, cocktails first whereby you are forced to pay for a glass you don’t want and can’t take away with you. That said the atmosphere was great and menu looked fun so came back for dinner. What a catalogue of shocking service, everything from a really poor greeting, slow service, cold food and complaints from the staff that they were too busy. We spoke to the manager who seemed more concerned about blaming her team that rectifying the issue. Massive shame as small tweaks could make it really great. Food was ok - menu promised more than it delivered.

1  Thank Rachel M

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Lots of cool stuff to look at. Great atmosphere but I could never get a refill. Took three times of me asking to finally get a refill and it was not even my own waiter. It took them 15 minutes to bring put my child's dessert. All in all cool scenery but terrible service!

1  Thank freqtraveler354
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Food was okay but we were ignored for up to an hour and we had to keep requesting waitstaff. Our order was eventually taken but incorrectly so my cousin finally just accepted what was brought although it wasn’t what was ordered. So if you’re willing to put up with a lot just to ‘experience ‘ this restaurant, just know what to expect.

1  Thank sazm42
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

This place has a really cool atmosphere, but you definitely pay for it! The food is definitely overpriced and nothing spectacular. I had a pasta dish with Chicken and it was $21. The kids thought it was neat, so that’s good, but our waiter never came back to check on us to refill our drinks, we finally asked a different server. I’m glad we went, for the kids sake, but we most likely won’t be back...

1  Thank Cindy T
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I visit the one in Orlando and San Antonio and both times was fun my children really enjoyed it will visit again