“The staff stands out” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #207 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The staff stands out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The staff stands out. What a wonderful show of hospitality. We got to the area three hours before check-in. We called to ask about early check-in figuring we would get shot down but we were actually told to come on in. This was beyond our expectations.
Our room was always clean. The managers reception was fun and well staffed.
We wished that we had not chosen to be there when there were two HUGE school groups and a gigantic, annoying family reunion, but that's traveling on spring break.
I found my new home away from home in San Antonio.

Room Tip: The view is not fantastic no matter where you choose. We enjoyed being on an upper floor away from t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit as your new home away from home in San Antonio!

Keith Harward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

The staff here is very nice and friendly but the building itself is very old. I was not very impressed by this Embassy Suites. The rooms are large and spacious but they need renovation because they give a "run-down" look. The bathrooms are tiny (6ft X 6ft) The rooms have old fixtures and bad lighting. This hotel looks like its from the 1960's I am actually curious to know when it was built!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear our staff was friendly. Although our hotel was built in 1979, we continue to make changes that will enhance our guests stay on a regular basis. We hope to see you on a future visit to our hotel.

Mt Vernon WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Centrally located. Can get to anyplace from here. The managers reception is fantastic and drinks are well made. The Plaza Grill has a Nacho appitizer that is to die for. Get it mixed, and you will find steak slices, and chicken chunks mixed in with the black beans and chips. Was enough for both the husband and me. Also, their Pasta Rustica was very flavorful and plentiful. Made to order breakfast was like asking for anything and getting it. Pool was nice, clean and indoors. Only downfall was no free wifi in the rooms.

Room Tip: try to get a room above the 6th floor for less noice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay in particular regarding staying above the 6th floor for noise and free WIFI. We are so glad your stay was enjoyable and look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Kempner, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here during a cheer competition and it was great! My daughter thought the hotel was so cool. She loved the clear elevators and the swimming pool. The rooms were very spacious. It really is a neat place. The people are very friendly there. We ate dinner at the hotel grill. The only bad thing was the waitress was kind of slow.
The breakfast was awesome!! and FREE! We got up early and ate then my daughter went back two times to visit friends. We will stay here the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
We are glad your stay for the cheer competition went so well and we have made a note to investigate your one comment regarding the slow service when dining. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Like ice cold water for bathing, poor onsite service and no follow up by local management? then I have a recommendation for you- the Embassy Suites Hotel San Antonio Northwest / I-10! Had to wait to the desk clerk to finish her cell phone call before I could get checked in only to discover there was no hot water in the room. Called down to the front desk and they sent up a their engineer- his diagnosis- "yep, no hot water- must be a boiler problem." Waited a few hours, still no hot water. Called back down to the front desk and was told to try again in the morning.

After explaining the situation at checkout the response back was, "sorry, we will try better next time." Finally received a call in late January from the corporate sales manager Iliana C. who offered some Hilton points for my horrible stay.

45 days later- no Hilton points and had to involve the Hilton corporate office to get the matter resolved.

There are very few hotels that I completely write off for future business- this is one of them.
Hilton corporate - fix this mess.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We are so sorry your stay with us in particular our hot water issue, unattentive responses you received from our front desk and engineering staff, and slow response regarding compensation were not up to our service standards. We are utilizing your feedback as a way to improve and take action to avoid these type items from happening to future guests. Thank you for this valuable feedback.

mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was an awesome experience we recently stayed 2 weeks the room was very clean we enjoyed the manageres reception every night Chris, our bartender was awesome, always had a smile and friendly! We arrived the weekend of spring break the hot tub was not as clean as I thought it could be we asked the pool guy to check the chemicals he did so immediatily the next day the hot tub was great!
When we left the bill was not accurate, my husband brought this to their attention and it was fixed immediatly. The only problem with our stay was they were changing over TV from cable to dish which interupted the service thruout the day the second week. We will not stay anywhere else when in San Antonio. Great service and everyone was friendly!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback during your stay with us. I'm happy to hear we were able to resolve the pool, bill, and TV issues that you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Nice room. Terrible location. Slow Internet. Dirty common areas. Rundown. Way too many other options to flush money down this property.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
We are so sorry you were disappointed with our hotel regarding the internet, location, and overall condition. We will continue to make improvements and appreciate the feedback.