“Great NW San Antonio Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #131 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 25 May 2017

We have stayed here from time to time over the past 3 years while a child has been in school. The lobby has recently been remodeled and, while more European now, is a nice bright area. Bar and sitting area great for late night or day time conversations. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. Slightly off of the beaten path, but once you know how to get in and out, it is really nice. You can access 410 and I-10 in either direction directly - which makes it great to get around. I would highly recommend this locations BUT, as with most Embassy Suites, the weekends cater to groups of kidos (in tournaments, at camps, etc) so the breakfast will be crowded. Just expect that. However, the staff does a good job of getting people in and out, but sometimes temporality runs out of food during the peaks. They do start to close the breakfast about 30 min before the designated time and completely shut down promptly, so don't get down there late (and probably at least 45 min before official closing time). Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John E. M
Ruby S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Hello John E.M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you like our renovation, enjoyed the nice bright atrium for day time and late night conversations, the rooms were very comfortable/clean and, the staff were friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

This was a great stay . They lived up to all their promises. Breakfast was always good and the evening drinks were a plus. I would stay there again. The only issue at all was that the traffic around it is busy at certain times. Even with that, the noise level was very acceptable.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Ruby S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Hello Ralph C.

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that we lived up to our promises and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

When I went to this hotel in December 2016, we stayed there for a night. When we arrived at the hotel, the renovation was evident. It was loud, the place reeked of paint, and the hotel was outdated. When I went to the pool bathrooms as I arrived, I noticed they were dirty. One of them was clogged, the pool was dirty too. The room was good, like a typical embassy suites room, but the bathroom was hilariously tiny. We had a good night, we had a close proximity to a convenience store and a Whataburger (they were both across the parking lot), which was nice, and the walk took about 30 seconds. We had comfortable sleep after a long day of shopping and a theme park. However, when we woke up, we found our car was robbed. The back window was shattered and all the luggage inside it was gone. It was partially our fault for leaving the bags in the car, but the hotel staff was unhelpful, they didn't even bother to call the police until we told them to. They did as little as they could to help us. We stormed out of the hotel with an angry review and looking at those of the same date, they wrote similar things. I would advise not parking your car on the street, Briaridge is an unsafe area, park near the hotel with your trunk towards the hotel wall where the cameras can see. I would advise looking for other hotels in the same area (there is a Hilton I believe?) in the same area.

Room Tip: Try and stay near the first floor to have easy access to the lobby.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Ruby S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Hello Federico R,

Thank you for your stay with us in December 2016 and for your feedback. I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance to change your experience with us at the Embassy Suites in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Admittedly I became very frustrated and disatisfied guest during renovation, and quit staying here. Now that renovation is complete I am very impressed with the updates! I work in he medical field and this hotel is perfect location and great access at 410/10 on NW side of town. Breakfast area and evening reception area are now bright updated and full of amenities, my favorite being the plugs and USB ports at all the high tables!! Love this as makes it so easy to relax enjoy company and get work completed without being isolated in your room because you need to charge your computers/phones.

1  Thank Denise T
Ruby S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Hello Denise T,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback! I am so pleased to hear that you are impressed with the renovation and that Embassy Suites is your go to hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you are in San Antonio, your home away from home!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I stayed last year at the height of the renovations when the hotel was basically unlivable. This time everything was good - new rooms; new common areas. The staff in this hotel are all stars: front desk, shuttle, food crew, bar staff and housekeeping are all excellent - way way above the norm. Take advantage of their offer to drive you to dinner. The owners have skipped renovating the pool, the elevators and the stairwells. This is a mistake a real detractor from the rest of the refurb. Some of those areas are downright scary.

Room Tip: I don't think it matter at this property. I was 3rd floor facing the highway and it was quiet in...

Hello Bob_plus_Four,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. Ii am so pleased to hear that you found your stay to your liking, the hotel staff are all stars and way above the norm and the convenience of our shuttle van! We hope to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The hotel's locations is excellent due to proximity to others events in city. It is accessible from the major Interstate highways in San Antonio. A special nice feature is the atrium and the glass elevators.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Ruby S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Hello tompN7458YJ,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your feedback! I am so pleased to hear that you found our location conveniently located. In addition, the nice special features of the atrium and glass elevators. We hope to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Staff was not eager to answer any of my questions. I sent packages to this hotel that arrived but the staff refused to acknowledge it. Hot tub was filled with a large amount of children under the age of 10 years unattended by anyone. Hotel staff didn't seem to care. No greeting by staff when you walked in. The staff overall was not helpful to someone not from the area. The only perk was the managers reception and the complimentary breakfast, which did not have as many options as other Embassy Suites I've stayed at in the past.

1  Thank Kelsey F
Ruby S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Hello Kelsey F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. I hope you will consider to stay with us in the not too distant future so we may have the opportunity to change your experience with us at the Embassy Suites.