“Definitely not like other Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #132 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The front lobby has been renovated. I called the hotel specifically before registering and asked if the hotel was still being renovated. I was told they had 100% completed with renovations. Unfortunately, our room and bathroom was not renovated. The room was not fresh, not truly clean feeling and the bathtub needs to be replaced.

Room Tip: not recommended
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Anthony S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear victoriagot,

I was surprised by your comments and wished I knew what room you were in during your stay so I could inspect its condition. Our hotel completed a $8 million dollar renovation at the end of May 2017. All guest rooms, bathrooms have been completely renovated. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further to gain additonal information. Please feel free to contact me at anytime to share your experience.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Terry (Guest associate) was amazing and provided 5 star service. He was very accommodating and made sure our stay was comfortable. Our church family was pleased and look forward to returning to this grand hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Anthony S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Erwilk,

Thanks for the 5 STAR review and for mentioning Terry's outstanding service! I will share your comments with Terry and the team. We can't wait to have you and your church family back again so we can show you what southern hospitality is all about!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Choose another Embassy Suites in San Antonio - from their breakfast to the manager reception - it is far below Embassy Suites standard. Managers Reception - Stale chips, Popcorn & shelled peanuts - 5 nights in a row. Breakfast - community yogurt - pastries - powered sugar donuts - plain - donuts and a muffin that you could use a hockey puck. That was their pastry selection. Coffee that was lukewarm. My advise stay in a Best Western and save some $$.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Charlie O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to complete our survey. My apologies for the horrible experience, I can assure you that this is not typical of our staff. I am sorry we really drop the ball this time. I will the opportunity to make it right for you so please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thanks again and have a great Day.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Great hotel. Quiet rooms, awesome location. Complimentary breakfast and evening reception are wonderful. Friendly and helpful staff. Newly renovated and overall a wonderful hotel. This was our 2nd time staying here and we will stay here every time we are in San Antonio

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 449heathero

Dear 449heathero,

Thanks for the 5 STAR review! This is what me and my team strive for every day, creating legendary experiences for our guest to the point they want to share their experience. I appreciate you taking the time. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Very dated hotel and poorly maintained. Staff was indifferent and seemed unconcerned about their jobs or the guests. Bedside fixtures had missing bulbs to 'save energy', bathtub faucet leaked constantly and the tub was stained and should have been replaced long ago. The price is low for a reason. This is the first time I've been disappointed by the Hilton brand but it was a doozy. Avoid this hotel like the plague.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear 20dont,

Please accept my apologizes for not delivering the very best experience possible. As the General Manager, I am very concerned in reading your comments as our hotel has just completed a $8 million dollar renovation at the end of May 2017. Please be assured we place working light bulbs in all light fixtures. I will address this with my Director of Housekeeping as this should have been caught by the inspector in ensuring the suite is ready for our next guest. Since I don't have your suite number, I can only hope you reported the bathtub faucet to the front desk during your stay so we could "Make It Right" and to ensure the next guest doesn't experience the same thing.

Good, bad or indifferent, guest feedback is invaluable and lets us know what we are doing well in and areas need need to improve upon. I thank you for your comments. I do hope you will give us another chance so you can experience what true hospitality is all about.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We recently stayed at this Embassy suites. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Letty at the front desk went above and beyond to make our stay more comfortable. I can't say enough about how she made our stay outstanding! We had a fled Corpus Christi due to hurricane Harvey! This was our home away from home and it had all the comforts you would expect from an embassy suites. Breakfast in the morning was excellent the chef making the omelettes was doing a superb job! The value of this hotel was very reasonable, and it's close to North Star Mall & the airport! I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Dear Amy H.,

Thank you for sharing such a memorable experience! I look forward to sharing your comments with Letty and the rest of my team. I am thrilled this is your home away from home! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Great value for family and friends. This hotel is s great location, beautiful interior, great amenities and friendly staff. I just wish the restroom was bigger.. but would definitely recommend. I love the separation of living and sleeping quarters.

Dear V1407NJtracym,

Thanks so much for your review! It means a lot to my team and I to know we are creating memorable experiences for our guests! We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future!