All reviews an early morning flight mile radius breakfast buffet front desk staff business traveler hotel restaurant enjoyed my stay shuttle service business trip housekeeping conference downtown freeway clerk
Reviewed December 12, 2017

I got caught in a freak snow storm in San Antonio and needed a place to stay. Called the Holiday Inn and the front desk agent was very polite and helpful. They sent the shuttle to pick me up immediately.

Check-in was fast. Room was clean and comfortable.

Next morning check-out was swift and I was on my way back to the airport.

Would stay here again.

Dr. Marc Luke 2:11

Room Tip: Room on the upper floors for view and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Overall, I had a good stay. The furnishings in the room were a bit dated. I felt I was back in the 70's. The mattress needed updating as well. But my room was quiet, things worked as they should have, & the front desk & restaurant staff were friendly & helpful, despite the hotel being booked with 2 weddings & a couple of conferences. My one complaint is that housekeeping either threw away or outright stole a brand-new bottle of argan oil shampoo that I left in the bathroom. There was no way it could have been mistaken for an empty bottle. I had only used it once. There was no excuse for anyone to have touched it or moved it, either. I hesitated before calling the front desk about it because it's just shampoo, but I did pay a lot for it & only got to use it one time. I was told to leave a message for housekeeping & that they would follow up with me before I left. No one did. I checked out yesterday & still no one has contacted me.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2017

Hello WolverineDG,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the service you received from our staff. On the other hand, I am sorry for the issues you had with your missing item. I would like to look into this and I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

I will never stay at this hotel again because of the actions of one person. I was very offended by the server in the Java Bar. On Thursday morning I went to the restaurant and was greeted by Maria who was very sweet and respectful. I ordered food to go. When I picked up my food Maria advised that I could not use my credit card because the machine was broken and I had to use cash or charge it to my room. I opted to charge it to my room. She said no problem and apologized for the inconvenience. I then went to the Java Bar. A young lady before me ordered a coffee and was told the same thing. She stated she didn't have a room or credit card so she would pass. I ordered a coffee, 2 hot teas and the container of fruit. The women told me how much it was and I said I'll charge it to my room. She said, "Do you have a credit card on file for incidentals?" I was stunned. Then she said "I have to call the front desk and see if you have a card on file for incidentals." She called the front desk and I guess they confirmed I had a credit card on file. Not once did she apologize for the inconvenience or issue with the credit card machine. To make matters worse she told the lady who asked before me that she would do her coffee for FREE! At this point I'm completely flabbergasted!! I'm black just like she is so if she can work there what made her think I couldn't afford to stay there to have a credit card on file. Not only have I stayed in several of this companies properties, but I'm a rewards club member. Something they thanked me for when I checked in. Needless to say I will never stay here and I will think hard about my current reservations in other cities.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank srogersj
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Hi srogersj,

Thank you for leaving feedback about your recent stay. I feel concerned that the service from the bar fell below your expectations. It is our goal to meet your needs as a guest and I have sent you a direct message to obtain additional detail. The hotel management will be alerted so that no other guest will experience this same level of dissatisfaction again.

I am glad that Maria was able to delight you with her attentiveness. She is a great team member! It was a pleasure to host your stay. Again, thanks for choosing our hotel.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Anna B

Reviewed November 5, 2017

The Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport is conveniently located near the airport with easy access to downtown and other outlying areas. I have been staying at this Holiday Inn for years and consistently receive excellent service.

From check-in to checkout, everyone goes out of their way to help make my stay comfortable and productive. As a long-time business traveler, I return to hotels where management and staff truly care about the guest and the team at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport consistently demonstrates that care.

I would like to thank Jennifer Martinez (Manager), Bianca (Sales) and the entire team for their excellent service. Whether traveling for business or leisure, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear Gary W,

Thank you so much! You are like family to us, and it is so nice of you to take time to acknowledge our team. We see you a lot and it's always the best to hear from our regular guests! We will see you soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

We stayed here as it was close to the airport and offered a shuttle. We tried for an early check-in and the receptionist said she would call when a room was ready, but didn't. I checked back with another receptionist after two hours and one was available. The room ended up being very large and clean, no complaints. However, the rest of the hotel (halls, lobby, etc) were not as updated/clean as the room itself.

The hotel is enormous, kind of a convention center type hotel. Unfortunately the elevator to service it is exceedingly slow. We were traveling in summer and it was quite hot, but the air conditioning inside the hotel was so high you needed a sweater.

The airport shuttle is free and the location is conveniently nearby - the drivers were exceedingly grumpy - but we got there in time so that's what counts.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Hello DAEsmae,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn San Antonio- International Airport, TX. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the hallway cleanliness and customer service. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando