All reviews the river walk the shuttle driver free shuttle riverwalk area two blocks front desk staff great rate an older hotel mini fridge spring break convention center downtown alamo reunion texas freeway
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was amazing.. The breakfast was wonderful. But the staff were so amazing.. Espacilly Jacob.. He helped me plan the whole stay.. He booked our Anniversary dinner at The towers of America omg that food melted in ur mouth now my fiancee wants to go back next month..

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Thank you and Happy Anniversary! Ben/GM

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is right off the river walk. They do have valet parking. Parking is $30 A day. There is a pool, hot tub, river views, restaurant, coffee bar and great service. Rooms are clean, a little small but nice. Slept well on their mattress.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located a 15 minute walk from The Riverwalk, on our last day we discovered there was a free shuttle bus but we were not advised of this upon check in. We couldn't fault the room, it was spacious, modern and clean. We ate in the restaurant and were very disappointed with the food, the service was extremely slow and the staff seemed unable to cope with the demand. However overall, nice hotel with a pool and self service laundry. We would stay here again.

1  Thank Shona C

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights and would definitely book again!
It is within walking distance (10 minutes) to Riverwalk and not overpriced as if it was right by the river, 15 minute drive to and from the AT&T Center.
Hotel has a restaurant and bar with ok food and drinks, which are both average but still handy, parking is included which is convenient as there is no need to drive around when staying there.
Room was very clean, spacious and modern, bed was very comfortable as well.
The only thing I didn’t like about the hotel is that the swimming pool had freezing water, however there is a whirlpool which made thinks smoother.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Reviewed May 19, 2018

They say first impressions count and the reception staff at this hotel made a terrible first impression. I arrived at 3 pm which on my booking sheet and the hotel website (see attached photo) stated 3 pm as the check in time. The woman at the front desk insisted it was 4 pm and made us wait an hour for a room. While I am not an expert on Texas Law, when you make a booking you enter into a contact to be provided a service for a price. The contract (written and on website) states 3 pm as the check in time. Either the Holiday Inn is guilty of false advertising or not keeping to a contract. Imagine if the local Gas Station advertised gas for $2.70 a gallon and then when you went to pay raised the price.
I wish I had time to engage a lawyer but will send this with paper and website to IHG Headquarters as it seems this hotel is poorly managed. Additionally the hotel has put a sign up stating check in a 4 pm which contravenes all their other advertising.
The courtesy bus driver was an exception - couldn't do enough for you and deserves fulsome praise.
The room was OK but wasn't cleaned well - there was a old sweet under the desk when I arrived which remained after I departed. As well there were cigarette butts on the balcony from previous occupants.
Breakfast was pretty ordinary. The buffet seemed to offer very little, so I ordered the cooked a la carte option. The potatoes were cold, the drink was not chilled and the server forgot to bring me Tabasco Sauce when I asked for it. And they expect to be given a 20% tip!
The hotel is in a good location, but it wasn't cheap, and from the service received I I wouldn't recommend it. I was under the impression that Holiday Inns are 4 Star - this one was scraping to get a 3 Star. I am a Platinum Member of IHG so have stayed in many Holiday Inns across the globe. This one is down near the bottom.
The sign in the elevator states that staff will "exceed our expectations", I would have been happy if they had come even close to meeting them.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple