Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$132
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$179
Hotels.com
US$199
US$153
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

US$129
US$199
US$171
US$161
US$149
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$252/night.

US$175
US$169
  • Breakfast included
US$249
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 31, 2017

I can overlook some problems but the over all cleanliness was too much to ask someone to stay there. We considered leaving. It would take so little to bring it up to clean. The phone had no wire and did not work. We had no remote controls. We looked at another roon, it was also dirty.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2017

Sometimes I like to roll the dice with Hotwire and pick a mystery hotel. You know, when they give you a list of 3 star hotels you may possibly get when picking the area. I like the feeling of the unknown and that feeling of satisfaction the one time out of 10 Hotwire accidentally places you in a better hotel than expected . Our plan was (based on our travel circumstances and unforeseen car troubles) to roll into town very late on a Friday, sleep, eat breaky and roll on to New Orleans. We wanted the cheapest 3 star we could find because all we needed was a bed.. really that was it. We rolled into San Antonio late Friday evening in February of 2017. The hotwire app had a grouping of 3 stars in this area. The little list at the bottom said "hotels in this category" or whatever to that extent. The list showed: Microtel, Travelodge, howard johnson. All three would have been acceptable. Ive stayed at all of those before multiple times. You know what to expect. What was unexpected was that smack dab in between the microtel, the travelodge, and the howard johnson was the "budget lodge". Hmmmmm not mentioned on the list. Ohhh hotwire you sneaky devil. But thats what you get when you roll the dice. I think the room was like 158$ or something stupid. Weekend rates....

Here's our experience. Room number one smelled like urine.. could have been human? reminded me of cat piss.. like your 85 year old grandmothers house. It was musty like when you open up the cottage for the summer after a long winter. The door didnt close properly like it was once involved in a break and enter drug deal gone wrong double homicide.. however no blood was found on the carpet or the top sheet (didnt bother checking the rest of the sheets). We were greeted briefly by a cockroach in the sink. he scurried away before we could say hi. rude. It was nice they left the tv on for us (perhaps on purpose as the only light source besides the bathroom light which was brighter than the sun) but unfortunately it was just white noise. There were no actual channels or a remote control visible. lets face it the batteries were going to be missing from it anyway, because the light bulbs were missing from the bedside lamps (lol) . You know somethings real wrong when you enter a hotel room and don't feel like touching anything.
We went back to the desk. She gave us a suite on the back side of the building. It was "better" and by better i mean didn't smell like piss and no cockroaches in sight. Needless to say we slept with the light on (yes this bedside lamp had a bulb). The bathroom was a no-go however. Just.. don't even risk it. i mean lucky for us guys we can pee virtually anywhere. But the poor girlfriend, after being trapped in a car all day and having to be subjected to this bathroom. I felt for her.

Here are the positives: The breakfast downstairs in the morning is actually do-able. Our car remained safe in the parking lot overnight. We didn't contract any diseases or we're bitten by bed bugs. The sheets were clean. The door locked. The ac worked.

I can't however rate this place any higher than terrible until hotwire takes it off its list of possible 3 star locations. I don't blame anyone but myself for rolling the dice. Hotwire is a gamble and sometimes you just flat out lose.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven M
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

This is by far one of the worse Hotels. I had stayed here before because the price of the room. Before the place was call Quality Inn and now it is call Budget inn and I understand now why they had to change its name. The Room were terrible, mold, nasty, afraid to go to sleep. Please take my advise and never stay here. TERRIBLE

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Jason W
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

This place should be shut down lets see where do I start I checked in the room was hot never cooled down room was dirty tv did not work also refrigerator didn't work it was so hot I could not sleep the wifi didnt work was not in range of room the Ice makers didn't work strange people roaming the parking lot all night and most of all the room was infested with bed bugs they ate on me all night had big bruises all over my body they should have paid me to stay here worst experience of my life your better off camping dont stop.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Cecil125
Reviewed July 30, 2016

This is my first time writing a review for a hotel because this was by far the most terrible experience that I had staying at hotels. 3 Star is a joke for this hotel. This hotel was unbelievably dirty in all places. I am sure they don't clean the room and even inspect it before someone get in there. The bathroom was the dirtiest part with stains all over the bathtub and the walls, so nasty. I also found mold under the kitchen sink cabinet and a few paper towels in that area, UGH (See the photos). I was very embarrassed that I reserved this hotel for two of us. There are a lot that I can say but rather stop and try to forget this awful experience!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple