“ick, ick ICK ICK !!!!!! - just plain GROSS”

Siegel Suites San Antonio
Ranked #290 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The ladies at the front desk were polite, both when we checked in and the next morning when we asked for a refund for the second night. I would be sleeping in my car or on a park bench before staying there for another night

I give this place a rating of 0.0 Overfilled Garbage cans in breezeway, Doors that did not want to shut, Drapes were nasty, Carpet that is stained and NASTY, Bedspread smelled nasty, Carpet base falling off the walls, Broken vanity with missing panels, 5 Roach Motels in the vanity, Dirty and cracked sink, Toilet permanently dirty looking due to missing coating, Large collection of pubic hair in corners of bathroom - Nasty, Bathtub has MOLD in all corners, Bathtub is just plain NASTY with months and possibly years of filth at the bottom of the tub, as well as a USED bar of soap in on the soap dish. AND the roach motels must be full, because we saw cockroaches running along the wall. It was clearly evident that the rooms are not cleaned between stays. We are just praying to the almighty that the towels and sheets were recently cleaned. We arrived after midnight and were exhausted, so we did not really look at the place, we simply went to bed. But upon waking the next morning, we discover the truly nastiness of this place. We showered (wife wanted to take a bath but was unwilling to sit in the tub), got dressed, moved all belongings back to the car and told the lady at the front desk we would not be staying another night and I would like a refund for that much. She simply asked what room, without asking why. We think she probably gets that a lot so why ask.

Room Tip: Just stay away from this place, I can't imagine any of the rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Unless you're up for a seedy dive, do NOT stay here. Our room was fully made up but far from clean. Dirty sheets (not just stained, but dirty with "debris") We took pics and got the hell out of there.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it was rated as a 3 star hotel, I don't know how they got a 3 star rating.
We go our keys and went to the room, the room was filthy, disgusting, light switches didn't work, ac didn't work and we had roaches as guests.
We asked for a different room which we got. Different room same story, we asked for yet another room. Same story, we received a refund and went to a different hotel.
This is by far the worst hotel I have seen and I travel a lot.

STAY away from this hotel!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2017

I only put a one star rating because I couldn't put zero....I went through Hotwire "Hot Rates" (won't reveal hotel name until after booking), specified I wanted a 3 star hotel, found this "gem" for $64/night. On the Hotwire site it says that Hotels with this rating are comparable to Hilton, Sheraton, Holiday Inn & Crowne Plaza's. So with that being said I felt comfortable accepting their offer and booking. After completing the booking process I was told we got an "amazing" deal with The Budget Lodge...Really....I was immediately taken back because this is NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE to the previously posted hotels. I called Hotwire customer service to inquire about a refund (even though they say absolutely no refunds or cancellations on Hot deals) the nice man said he couldn't do anything about it but Hotwire guarantees a nice & comfortable stay so if we got to the hotel and weren't happy with the rooms to please call, they would work something out. 2 days later we pull up to the hotel, it doesn't look very nice but hey, maybe the inside is better. We go to check in, the Budget Lodge employee asks if we want to see our rooms before we sign in, that was unusual to us, but we said yes. We go up to the first room, couldn't even walk in due to the disgusting smell, like someone had lived there for months and never showered. Go to the next room, it not only smells but we're also welcomed with roach traps in every corner of the room, ripped/stained curtains, old stained comforters, stained walls & carpet...need I say more? My husband immediately calls Hotwire customer service to complain, tells them we are NOT staying here and we want our money back. After about 15 mins with the rep she decided to reimburse us & gives us a $50 inconvenience voucher to use on another Hotwire Hot Rate hotel, which we didn't do (fool me once...well you know the rest). So in the end we booked with another Hotwire hotel but one we could read reviews on first & see pictures of before actually booking. Now we are in a beautiful, comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Pay a little more & pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I can overlook some problems but the over all cleanliness was too much to ask someone to stay there. We considered leaving. It would take so little to bring it up to clean. The phone had no wire and did not work. We had no remote controls. We looked at another roon, it was also dirty.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Sometimes I like to roll the dice with Hotwire and pick a mystery hotel. You know, when they give you a list of 3 star hotels you may possibly get when picking the area. I like the feeling of the unknown and that feeling of satisfaction the one time out of 10 Hotwire accidentally places you in a better hotel than expected . Our plan was (based on our travel circumstances and unforeseen car troubles) to roll into town very late on a Friday, sleep, eat breaky and roll on to New Orleans. We wanted the cheapest 3 star we could find because all we needed was a bed.. really that was it. We rolled into San Antonio late Friday evening in February of 2017. The hotwire app had a grouping of 3 stars in this area. The little list at the bottom said "hotels in this category" or whatever to that extent. The list showed: Microtel, Travelodge, howard johnson. All three would have been acceptable. Ive stayed at all of those before multiple times. You know what to expect. What was unexpected was that smack dab in between the microtel, the travelodge, and the howard johnson was the "budget lodge". Hmmmmm not mentioned on the list. Ohhh hotwire you sneaky devil. But thats what you get when you roll the dice. I think the room was like 158$ or something stupid. Weekend rates....

Here's our experience. Room number one smelled like urine.. could have been human? reminded me of cat piss.. like your 85 year old grandmothers house. It was musty like when you open up the cottage for the summer after a long winter. The door didnt close properly like it was once involved in a break and enter drug deal gone wrong double homicide.. however no blood was found on the carpet or the top sheet (didnt bother checking the rest of the sheets). We were greeted briefly by a cockroach in the sink. he scurried away before we could say hi. rude. It was nice they left the tv on for us (perhaps on purpose as the only light source besides the bathroom light which was brighter than the sun) but unfortunately it was just white noise. There were no actual channels or a remote control visible. lets face it the batteries were going to be missing from it anyway, because the light bulbs were missing from the bedside lamps (lol) . You know somethings real wrong when you enter a hotel room and don't feel like touching anything.
We went back to the desk. She gave us a suite on the back side of the building. It was "better" and by better i mean didn't smell like piss and no cockroaches in sight. Needless to say we slept with the light on (yes this bedside lamp had a bulb). The bathroom was a no-go however. Just.. don't even risk it. i mean lucky for us guys we can pee virtually anywhere. But the poor girlfriend, after being trapped in a car all day and having to be subjected to this bathroom. I felt for her.

Here are the positives: The breakfast downstairs in the morning is actually do-able. Our car remained safe in the parking lot overnight. We didn't contract any diseases or we're bitten by bed bugs. The sheets were clean. The door locked. The ac worked.

I can't however rate this place any higher than terrible until hotwire takes it off its list of possible 3 star locations. I don't blame anyone but myself for rolling the dice. Hotwire is a gamble and sometimes you just flat out lose.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven M
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

This is by far one of the worse Hotels. I had stayed here before because the price of the room. Before the place was call Quality Inn and now it is call Budget inn and I understand now why they had to change its name. The Room were terrible, mold, nasty, afraid to go to sleep. Please take my advise and never stay here. TERRIBLE

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business