“Nice hotel on the Riverwalk with exceptional service.”

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Ranked #19 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk to celebrate our anniversary. I thought the service and the courtesy of the staff was exceptional. I thought Steven and Jose went out of their way to be helpful and make sure that we were happy. We had a room facing the Riverwalk and it was very quiet. I have stayed on the Riverwalk before and it was noisey, so this was a welcoming surprise. The hotel also has a nice roof top pool and a nice gym.

Room Tip: We had a room with a king size bed on the 9th floor facing the Riverwalk. It was not only quiet, bu...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you Carol! Congratulations to you and your husband. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your anniversary trip and hope to see you again next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,301)

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The city of San Antonio is a great place to visit. The hotel was, in my opinion, in the best location on the Riverwalk, and the Alamo was right across the street. We were happy that everything we wanted to see and do were in walking distance. Loved La Villita and the houses in the King William district were beautiful. Great museums and so many eating options to fit any budget.

Reception Coordinator Jose Rosales was extremely helpful in directing us to points of interest in the city. I would recommend this city and hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you Vicky! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is a unique review. It is a HUGE KUDOS to Joanna Garcia who handles Room Service requests. Here's a brief overview of the situation. My girlfriend and her mother were in San Antonio and I wanted to send them a bottle of wine and something sweet. I thought they were at the Regency, but in actuality they were in the nearby Grand Hyatt. I spoke with Joanna at the Regency and she was SO INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL. She not only helped me place my order, but helped me coordinate it with the other hotel. That is definitely above and beyond the call of duty. It was such a huge help too, because I was also traveling and was boarding the plane while we squared away the details. Long story short, she is amazing. If the hotel is half as good as the service, it's a great place. I would stay here next time, based solely on the staff alone. She was a great help.

I'd also like to mention that the front desk was incredibly helpful, too, during this whole process. Taylor Simmons deserves a shout out as well!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing this story Jim! We are pleased to hear Joanna was able to assist you. We hope to see you on your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Long Island the week before coming to San Antonio and what a difference between these hotels. The Hyatt Regency in San Antonio is spotless and very well maintained. My family stayed here for 4 days to see my son graduate Corpman's "A" school at Fort Sam Houston. The room was very spacious, as was the bathroom. I was a little surprised that we were charged $9.95 a day for access to the internet....in this day and age, I would expect all hotels to provided that service for free. The location is perfect. We wanted a place that would be centrally located to everything so we would not need to rent a car (they charge $13 for parking) and that's exactly what we got. You can exit the hotel from the back and be right on the Riverwalk (if you go left upon exiting the hotel, go to Crazy Sam's....they are the only location on the Riverwalk that can give you to-go beers and alcohol for walking along the Riverwalk) or exit the front doors and be a short walk away from the Alamo and the RiverCenter. We used a taxi to get to and from the airport ($30 each way) and to get to Fort Sam Houston ($25 each way). The staff was very helpful and pleasant, really making our stay enjoyable. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant, but there is definitely not a shortage of places to eat....either on the Riverwalk or downtown. We had great Mexican food at Rio Rio Cantina, seafood at Landry's Seafood House, a burger at The Republic of Texas, and the best steak at Texas Land & Cattle. My son and 20 other graduates had a celebratory dinner at Texas Land & Cattle and the staff was very accommodating with seating, individual checks for everyone, and a 20% military discount. Overall this vacation was wonderful and we will be staying at the Hyatt Regency when we return in the fall.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

WOW... What a GREAT Review! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay and congratulations to your son! We look forward to seeing you in the Fall.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Very nice hotel. Jose Rosales (the world famous desk clerk) helped me check out.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you Randy! We appreciate your comments and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will pass your review on to Jose. Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is a great hotel in a great location in San Antonio. It's right on the Riverwalk and exceptionally close to most of the downtown sites.

Our housekeeping staff kept our room clean and tidy and seem to always do their jobs at the perfect time.

All hotel staff were pleasant and courteous. During checkout, Jose Rosales was an absolute pleasure to deal with and was extremely attentive to every detail of our stay.

Thanks Hyatt

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you Barbara! We appreciate your review and are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Thought the hotel location was very central to lots of sites. We were right across the street from the Alamo and were able to walk to shops, sites and restaurants. Overall, very happy with this hotel. Also, Jose Rosales at reception was very helpful to us during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your first trip to San Antonio! We hope to see you again soon.