3,710 results
All reviews great location the river walk q bar alamo view rooftop pool self parking lobby bar beautiful hotel easy access convention center business trip riverwalk area hotel restaurant rivercenter mall per day conference atrium
Reviewed August 16, 2008

I rely a lot on other people's experiences versus the hotel's own publicity so here are the things I would want to know...
PROS:
Location! Location! Location! The atrium (one floor below the lobby) lets out onto the center of the Riverwalk. hotel's jazz bar to the left on the river, river itself 20 feet away and multitudes of shops, bars & restaurants surround the Hyatt. For kids (or adults) there is a Rain Forest Cafe just to the left on the Riverwalk.
Across street from hotel (one block away) is the Alamo. You can get a GREAT view of it from ballroom level of hotel.
Hotel: Atrium is large, lined with large quest room windows & a few balconies overlooking a bubbling, chlorinated stream/pool that runs throughout the bottom floor of hotel.
Hotel has Lobby Bar (Starbucks in a.m., drinks in p.m.) and Chaps Restaurant (if you want to eat at hotel in a city known for its great eating venues). Room Service was reasonable and very professional.
Bed: Mattress is pretty comfortable, linens are AMAZING! Pillows are plentiful and of very high quality. Bath linens are fairly plush.
Room Quality. I give it an A. I stayed in room 661 which had a triangular balcony with chairs looking out over the atrium to the Riverwalk beyond. It was a regular King-Sized bed room but was very, very large and nicely decorated (new decor, elegant).
Colleague had a Suite on 11th floor that was extremely large and very well appointed but not neccesary if you aren't spending a ton of time in your room.
Bathroom: Average. Clean & well-stocked. Bath soaps/lotions average.
You have a room safe, mini-bar and wi-fi in room.
Business Center: Scarily overpriced. $10.81 minimum to use internet so bring a laptop if you must use web. Hotel does offer free printing of airline boarding pass.
Pool: On top floor of hotel with gorgeous view. Small pool but nice area.
CONS:
Noise.
Because I had glass wall of sliding glass doors over atrium, every person screaming in from Riverwalk is heard in room. Colleage complained of same. Hallway noise, voices can be heard loudly in rooms. I sleep with TV on so it dampened a lot of that for me but could really annoy someone who doesn't.

I would stay there again on next trip if that helps!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank BeanieM
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We stayed here in April. The location can not be beat. You walk out the back and you are directly on river walk and you walk out the front just a little ways and you are at the Alamo.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaWayne
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Let me start by saying the location in relation to the Alamo, the Riverwalk and the shopping mall is outstanding. Parking is across the street and is an additional cost to the nights stay. Parking is charged in 24 hour increments, so plan your time wisely. $24 per 24 hours for self parking!

Check in was crazy and un-organized. They had a group of 20 people checking in and the TWO staff members had their hands full. Lots of apologies, but we still had to wait and the line was getting longer behind us. We waited 10 minutes before a third staff member came to the front desk to help those of us in line.

Room was wonderful Bed was extremely comfortable. Had a roll-away bed for our teenager. Was actually a real bed on wheels instead of a cot. We were on the top floor and had the bed put right by the window for a great view as slumber approached. Also made for lots to look at when you woke up.
Room service was great, not that overpriced. Fun to splurge with ice cream and coffee in the late evening.

Make sure you go to the top floor where the pool is. View is wonderful. Very relaxing in the evening. Pool is small, but we were not there to swim, just lay in the lawn chairs and listen to the music from the bars below and enjoy the view.

As for location, really it could not be better. The Alamo is 2 blocks away. You walk out onto the Riverwalk from the lower lobby of the Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Was here for a conference and was really treated first rate. The room was very pleasant and you could not beat the hotel’s location directly on the Riverwalk and a block from the Alamo.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Historiana
Reviewed July 14, 2008

In researching San Antonio hotel rates, I stumbled on visitsantonio.com and discovered S.A.V.E. rates. The SAVE rates are actually codes that you plug into hotel websites for extra savings. Thanks to these rates, got the Hyatt for $169 for the first night and $139 for the other three.

I love this hotel. The location is absolutely perfect--right in the heart of the Riverwalk and accessible to everything downtown. I'd asked for a quiet room and was originally given an atrium room. From tripadvisor, I know these rooms can be noisy. No problem--the extremely friendly and helpful front desk person switched us to a 10th floor Alamo view that was perfect. I asked for a fridge to be delivered to the room and it practically got there before we did!

Beds were very comfortable. Crisp linens and triple sheet duvets. Room was sparkling clean. Bathroom was small but functional. Towels and washcloths were white, fluffy and looked new.

The pool is small but the staffed bar was a nice touch. Great view from the roof--take a peek even if you don't swim.

The River Terrace bar serves Starbucks drinks every morning, as well as a few assorted muffins and pastries. Nice for a quick drink if you don't want to go the restaurant route.

Staff at the concierge desk stayed true to form with this hotel and were pleasant and helpful. When I mentioned that we'd like to dine at Rosario's but knew they didn't take reservations--boom--we had reservations in 2 minutes.

Some will say this is strictly a convention hotel but I would disagree. We were in town for my daughter's dance competition and found it to be very family friendly. After long days of dancing and sight-seeing, the Hyatt was a great place to come 'home' to every night. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family