“odd little hotel”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
Ranked #144 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights - room is nice but there is only a shower in each room - no tub - area around the hotel is not wonderful and we saw several large groups of people drinking and congregating in various parts of the property ... wouldn't feel safe walking around property at night ... not bad but overpriced for what it is ...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a tub if you need one
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

A La Quinta traveler
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed 14 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Visited San Antonio this past weekend for my son's graduation from Basic Training at Lackland AFB. This hotel is super convenient to the base and from what we could see, it looks like the closest off base hotel. When we checked in and said we were there for AF graduation, we were given hints and tips for getting to and from the base and a base map. The room was OK with the only negative being there was only a shower stall in the king room. They have tubs in the all but one king room. The breakfast was decent and available early for the early morning ceremonies. The rate was pretty good with our AAA discount. If you want convenience over frills, this is the place.

Room Tip: if you want a tub, do not get the one king bed room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tuny_trip
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We were in San Antonio last week for my son's BMT graduation at Lackland AFB, and stayed four nights at the La Quinta Inn, Lackland. The hotel is in a great location about a half-mile from the base, making it close for graduation activities. The staff at La Quinta were superb, going out of their way to make graduation families comfortable. The rooms were ok, and we were impressed with the high-definition channels on the TV. The breakfast was adequate and served really early on graduation day.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DSJSJCA
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The stay at LaQuinta Inn Lackland San Antonio TX was awful.
After arriving very late at night we were given a room with a TV that didn't work, no microwave oven, no small fridge, no fan in the bathroom. I was horrified when I inspected the ironing board which I wouldn't have placed my shoes on let alone clothes. After complaining to the receptionist who replaced the ironing board altogether and assured my husband and me that a maintance worker would repair the TV in the morning. The TV was never fixed, but we were offered $30 deduction from the bill. The next day a long brown human hair was left on the bathroom sink! What! My husband and I are African American, he is nearly bald and I wear dark brown nearly black braid extentions! Upon turning on the heater a foul burning smell fumed and we were told is was due to other guests burning waffles in the lobby! Then next day I asked to change rooms and was assured by the receptionist that the room would be ok... When I checked later on that afternoon the bed didn't look has if the sheets had been changed and the bathroon hadn't been cleaned and what looked like feces had been left on the toilet seat.
At that point livid, I asked for the manager or someone in charge and insisted they come an see for themselves... I asked the maintainance supervisor who accompanied to the room how would he feel if his mother, daughter, aunt or any loved one were treated like this? After inpsecting this room the maintainance supervisor apologized and gave me another room. FREE OF CHARGE! The othe new room had a nice iron, ironing board, fan in the bathroom, cable TV, no burning smell in the heater. AND a microwave oven and mini fridge. AND the room was clean!
I asked this maintainance supervisor at LaQuinta Inn, Lackland San Antonio TX why didn't we recieve this service at first? He said we had to ask for it. What! I thought that good service was what we paid for in the first place!

The location of this Inn is conveniently close to Lackland Air Force Base and had my husband and I known the city of San Antonio better my husband and I would have just gone to another place to stay. But when you are visiting a place for the first time and don't really know your way around you find yourself at the mercy of people that don't seem to care.
Just because LaQuinta Inn has a convenient location doesn't mean they can get away with being careless and sloppy.
The health department should be notified. I don't know why they get away with calling it an Inn.
We came from California to celebrate the graduation of our daughter. The stay at LaQuinta Inn Lackland San Antonio TX added unnecessary discomfort and stress to an otherwise joyous occasion.
Please tell a friend.

Room Tip: Demand to inspect the room before you go in and make sure to ask about ammenities.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rm4gwin
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Stayed 5 nights in 237, close to the lobby and breakfast. Here's the good: Great beds, matresses, pillows, sheets! Clean room. Quiet. Great Television unit. Breakfast was filling... but uninspired. Coffee and juice available 24/7. Just outside the Military Road gates to Lackland...a five minute drive to the BMT Reception Center. Very close to Highways 90 and 410, major arteries to local attractions. Very reasonable price when booked along with a Southwest Airlines Flight. Friendly, accommodating desk staff.

Here's the not-so-good: Thin, SCRATCHY towels...OUCH !..... a balky toilet, the room air unit had a mind of it's own...very difficult setting temps and volume. The shower head was mounted about neck-high on this 5'8" guy....why do they do this????...and the shower/tub was VERY slippery with no traction surface at all, easy to take a fall.

Room Tip: 237 was close to the Lobby and breakfast....a plus for us. There are other units that require a bit...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Surfdeep
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This property is showing its age and needs renovation. The hotel has 3 or 4 buildings so it can be quite a walk to the lobby for breakfast. Lobby is not at all able to accommodate the number of guests and the breakfast is very crowded and laid out very poor. The rooms have an oddly very small bathroom. The toilet and shower are in a tiny crmped area and the doors hit each other. You cannot get your own feet out of the way to close the door to the toilet and shower space. The walls are paper-thin and you clearly hear people conversing the the adjoining room. This property is very below par for La Quinta and very badly needs remodeling. The rates charged are more in line with a modern and current property.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple