La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
US$289
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$314
US$239
US$259
US$287
US$258
US$153
US$143
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$239
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$225
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbmt graduationlackland afbair force graduationgraduation activitiesroom was cleanwafflesboiled eggsbasic trainingcontinental breakfasta great place to stayclose proximitylocation was perfecteach morningcleaning staffenjoyed my stayceremoniesusaf
A La Quinta traveler
Sulphur, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed May 30, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
Benld, Illinois, USA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our son's graduation from basic training at Lackland! We LOVED how close it is to the base. As for the area, it being run down didn't make any difference to us at all. We had a wonderful room, very clean and extremely large! We couldn't believe how big it was! The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly! We greatly enjoyed our stay and would stay there again if the need arose! Thank you, La Quinta Lackland for making our stay a great one!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Hudson, South Dakota
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn for BMT Graduation for four nights. It is extremely easy to get on and off of base from there. It was nice to be close so that our Airman could come back and spend time with us and we could just relax. We only ate at fast food places twice and they are close along with an HEB for groceries. It was a nice room but nothing fancy. The pool is good for a dip to cool off from the heat of TX. We were satisfied as we were there to see our son graduate and just needed a shower and bed. By the second day you are tired and just want a good nights sleep. The breakfast was ready early so you could have a bite before going to the base. Overall it worked out well for our family. We had people from 70 yrs old to 11 and all were satisfied. If you have a graduate from Lackland and don't require all the bells and whistles this is a good choice.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I spent this past week at this hotel. Upon check-in I handed the clerk my school travel card and a tax exempt certificate. He accepted both. We were in a handicapped room which was over a bridge and in another area from breakfast. Since my husband was with me and I needed the vehicle the next morning, we ended up having to change our plans and him drop me off so he could go to breakfast since he is handicapped and could not walk that far to breakfast. He went to check out the next morning to find that they had not charged my school card at all but instead applied it to my personal points and there was nothing they could do about it. I called someone at returns and was sent to escalation. After several phone calls, I was told that there was not one thing they could do about it. So what was to be a business trip has ended up costing me 11,000 points. This hotel is very old--nothing like what you see in the picture and I paid $99.00 per night or wound up paying 11,000 points. I'm very disappointed in LaQuinta and after having stayed with them at least 10-12 times a year, I have decided that I will not tolerate being treated in this manner and will stay other places. I have choices and I choose to be treated like a human. By the way, escalation did admit there was a problem with the web site which caused me to be charged points instead of what it showed me on the screen. Be very careful when making reservations! And why didn't the clerk tell me that the day before instead of accepting other payment and running a school card plus the tax exempt certificate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Karen M
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This could be 3 stars if some of the questions below are not important to you, and the price is very reasonable.
Half the rooms face the freeway and get a larger than anticipated amount of road noise even though only a small wing is directly visible from the freeway. The other sides face a wooded area and are quieter.
This was not an issue for myself, however someone else might be happier requesting a room on the other side.
Planes landing at Lackland also come near or overfly this location on approach. The flights seemed to stop after dark.
I reserved a Non-Smoking room and the desk person confirmed that upon registration. However when I went to the room an ash tray was present by the bed and a very heavy stale smoke odor also present.
When I returned the desk person, a very friendly lady, apologized and changed the room. She later called me to make certain I was happy with the new room.
The food area is a bit unusual for a LaQuinta. In addition to the expected, it also has fresh fruit and small snacks throughout the day. And at least for our stay the juice machine stayed on with fresh cups available.
The breakfast is predictable if boring LaQuinta fare.
No newspaper complimentary or otherwise is available.
Since Lackland is nearby a number of military people and their spouses were staying here.
Rooms are clean, fresh sheets, comfortable beds and the usual toiletries. Carpets are new or well cleaned. No elevators in this two story inn. The shower is just that a shower, no bathtub, and the dimensions are claustrophobia inducing.
I think this may have been part of another chain and was later converted to a La Quinta.

Room Tip: You may wish to avoid the freeway side, it is also the side where landing planes approach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple