“Ver nice hotel, great location”

San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
Ranked #40 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Ver nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

We came to this hotel for a business trip and it was great. Is connected to the mall, tons of places to eat and across from the river walk. The rooms are very nice although we were wishing for a refrigerator!

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Katy R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We frequently visit San Antonio and stay at hotels along the riverwalk several times a year. Each and every visit, we try a new hotel and I have always been disappointed. Finally, I stayed at the Marriott Rivercenter. This is the first ever hotel on the riverwalk which met my expectations. Here is a breakdown of my views:

* Check-in - Easy and quick. It did not take any time at all to check-in.
* Staff - Everyone I encountered was kind, pleasant, helpful and most of all knowledgeable.
* Elevators - We had no problems with the elevators. They had several elevators for my floor which arrived very frequently. We never had to stand in long lines waiting.
* Rooms - The rooms are impecable. The room was clean and tastefully decorated. Also, the size of the room was surprising. It was actually quite roomy in comparison to other comperable hotels on the riverwalk I have stayed in before. Also, the room here definitely had a finer feel than other comperable hotels. The best part about the rooms were the beds and pillows. I was able to get a good quality sleep here.
* Location - Perfect! It was very convenient to have the rivercenter mall right where we stayed. Also, other populated areas of the riverwalk were just a short walk.
* Breakfast - We were able to book a great rate which included self-parking and breakfast. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. It had a good variety of breakfast foods with made to order omelets/eggs. The buffet included biscuit/gravy, bacon, sausage links, scrambled eggs, breads, toast, pastries, breakfast tacos, fresh fruits, etc. The food was all delicious. The only thing I did not like was the seating. My travel mate is 6'3" and I am only 5'5". The initial seating were to very low to the round cushioned chairs at a short table. This did not work for my travel partner as his knees were sticking straight up into the air. As soon as the seating host saw him sit down, she offered to move us to another area. However, we were seated at a bar with tall stools. This was not so comfortable for myself because my feet could not reach a platform. The entire time I was seated there, my feet dangled. This is the only thing I did not like, however.
Other info: There are restraunts very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: My advise is to look at the special rates available which may include parking and breakfast. Someti...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank amyc1010
Chicago
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had a great time here. Located in the heart of downtown San Antonio. I had a great view of the city, the shopping mall is attached to the hotel with movie theaters so in the evening when I went I did not have to leave the hotel; entrance to the Riverwalk is just outside of the hotel; easy exit from the expressway. Staff was absolutely fantastic! Definitely would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Top floor has a great view of the city.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ggmyg
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have stayed here twice for meetings in the past 6 months. Nice hotel for meetings. Quick access to riverwalk. However, I had to make several calls after each stay to get an eFolio sent (Yes, I should have learned after the first time) for reimbursement of expenses. I am still waiting for response to request for "missing stay" to have Marriott Rewards points added to my account -- even though staff recognized I was a member on check-in each time. Having to do this much follow-up work certainly diminishes the positives of the stay itself.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We booked this hotel because of it's location to the riverwalk and Alamo. We were able to get a military rate of $100/night. I loved the fact that this hotel supports our military and any savings we can find help! Check in was a cinch and when we got to our room, we had the foam pillows my husband requested. The most important item to me in staying in a hotel is the noise level. We couldn't hear a peep from anyone! We were at the very end of the hallway, near the stairwell, on the 29th floor. The beds were amazing! We were deciding between this hotel and the Westin (for their heavenly beds) but the Marriott had a better rate. When I woke up, I thought we were at the Westin because I slept so good! The one downfall is that self-parking is $25 but I think that's pretty standard when you're staying in downtown San Antonio. We only stayed for one night but we never had any issues and we couldn't beat the price!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Staff is kind, courteous, and tenitive to everyones needs! Check in is easy, Rooms are glamorous! The views are breath taking! I would not go to another hotel ever again after being to this one! THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND!!! AWESOME

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed in San Antonio for 4 days for a conference in February and it was lovely. The Marriott Rivercenter was beautiful and the people very friendly. The Riverwalk is unique and kept very well for as far as I could walk it every day I was there! It isn't far from the Alamo and other sites. The whole experience was wonderful, especially for my first time to San Antonio. Looking forward to going back next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business