“Wonderful, accomodating & great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn N.W. Medical Center
Ranked #196 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Mansfield, Louisiana
“Wonderful, accomodating & great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

My church family & I stayed at this hotel July 22-25, 2010. First Ms. Gina was great & worked with us to accomodate us on everything. The rooms were nice & clean & the staff was friendly & helpful. They do not have a conference room which we were looking for to have Sunday morning service & they went above & beyond to allow us to have it in their lobby. I cannot thank them enough & if we are in San Antonio again we would definately stay at this location again. Oh & by the way....the price was GREAT as well!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stonewall, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

This motel was easy to find and was in an OK location. The desk attendants were nice and helpful. When we arrived the room smelled musty, felt sticky, but after we turned the air on it got better. The sheets had stains on them that I think bleach would have taken out. There were black hairs everywhere!!!...on the wall in the bathroom behind the door, in the shower, on the tray that your ice bucket is on, and on top of the refrigerator. That was kinda gross! Something had been spilled all over the phone that was brown & sticky and a few hairs in that. I didn't feel comfortable walking on the carpet without shoes, it didn't feel clean. It was nice that there was a microwave and frig in the room. There are 2 pools here the one by the lobby is the smaller one but there is another one with a hot tub towards the back. There is a firestation nearby and you would frequently hear sirens but that didn't bother us. There is an EXCELLENT BBQ restaraunt in front of the motel and IHOP behind. If you forgot anything there is a Wal-Mart next door. The room is up to date and would have been excellent if the cleaning service would do their part. If that improved I would stay again. Other than the cleaning of the room the whole experience of the stay was O.K especially for the price. We didn't want fancy just CLEAN.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
daysinnsanantoniotx, Webmaster at Days Inn N.W. Medical Center, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn NW Medical Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a convenient one.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn NW Medical Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

The hotel was not bad for the price and location. The only thing was the bathroom.....smelled like old urine when we first got there. I felt gross putting my bare feet on the floor in the bathroom. Other than the bathroom, it was pretty clean. I liked how there was a microwave and a refrigerator. And it is pretty awesome that there is an ihop and a bbq place right next door!! Wouldnt be my first pic but i would stay there again. Oh...if your looking for a hotel with a pool....yes this place has one but its the size of a matchbox.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn NW Medical Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a good one.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps was taken:

• Management was informed of your appreciation of the microwave and refrigerator in the room assigned to you.

Hotel Manager.
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in total. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. The high speed internet was really HIGH speed. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel very much and would reccomend others to stay here if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a good location.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

I loved this hotel. Newly remodelled. Room was extremely clean. Very nice towels, not like staying at a cheap motel. Location was perfect for us because I had to go to the medical center for a checkup.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Biloxi, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

This hotel recently changed names to Days Inn but I found on my GPS by address. Thank God for current GPS as a complicated route to arrive at te hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

Friendly staff, great BBQ restaurant and an IHOP right next door, Walmart within walking distance (if you're brave enough). Room was OK, spacious enough and comfortable. Bathroom needs some serious revamping - floor of tub looked dirty, I felt icky putting my bare feet on the floor. Toilet was flushing funny the whole time, eventually overflowed and we had to have it plunged, very inconvenient, but the staff was nice about it. Bed was large and pretty comfortable. Room had refrigerator, desk, table, chair, etc.

Location is not very convenient, but OK. Neighborhood was a bit iffy, I wouldn't walk around alone at night here. Close enough to the Alamo and all that to be convenient "enough." Fast wireless internet, easy to connect to.

Overall pretty good hotel for a pretty good price, and will work in a pinch, but I'd recommend searching for something better if you can. I would not necessarily recommend this hotel to a friend, but I wouldn't be averse to staying here again if I needed to. There are other hotels on this same block that might be better value. I like how you can park right outside your room because we frequently had to check on our car after hearing noises outside.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple