“Very nice hotel on the Riverwalk! Deserving of 4 diamonds.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #8 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Rolling Meadows, IL
“Very nice hotel on the Riverwalk! Deserving of 4 diamonds.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed for 3 nights during a conference. Staff were excellent, rooms nice size, comfortable, and clean. Heavenly bed and shower, oh so heavenly! Conference rooms and service were also top notch. Free Wifi only in the lobby, a bit pricey in the room. Would definitely stay here again! Doesn't hurt that I only had to pay the $106 per night government rate!

Room Tip: Choose a riverwalk view room, King size heavenly bed is also a plus!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,139)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Came to visit for a night with my sisters, it was our first sister trip and we were also celebrating for a birthday and graduation so it was very special. We were told that the restaurant closed at 10pm so we got there by 9:30. As we walk in, we confirm the closing time with the bartender and told us they closed at 9. They suggested us to the bar area where they were still serving bar food, which we did not want. Talked to RAUL and asked if we can have a full menu service because we were told the wrong information. Kindly the restaurant opened up the kitchen for us which was so nice of them. RAUL was our server, and I have to say he was an exception to your hotel. He really made us feel special and took great care of us. Not only did the food come instantly, but it was amazingly good! So i want to thank the kitchen staff in the restaurant and especially RAUL! Oh and to top it off, he gave us a complimentary tiramisu cake for the birthday girl, and that cake was one of the best tiramisu cakes i've ever had! Overally, the restaurant was excellent!!!! Also, I wanted to add that Manny the security guard at night was very friendly and helpful to us! We loved our stay, and Westin Riverwalk made our trip very special so THANK YOU!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We already know that Westin is a nice hotel-- but I'm writing about the excellent service my sisters and I recieved from the staff. They were all welcoming, accomodating and just genuinely nice. My sisters and I wanted to have dinner at the Italian Restaurant but we got there almost closing time. They re-opened the kitchen so we can have dinner, and our server Raul, was so friendly. I also have to acknowledge Manny, the hotel security for his warm welcome and friendliness. The staff were also promt with our request such as extra fridge, water, towels and even a microwave! Truly, the asset of this hotel is the staff!

1 Thank khayanne
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel. It is within walking distance to many sites like the Alamo, the Mercado, the Riverwalk shops and restaurants etc. I have to say that this hotel had the best customer service I have experienced in a long time. Doors opened for you, sous chefs asking if you like the food, managers asking if you need anything. The restaurant on site, Tocca's, is excellent and has outdoor tables near the river. Delightful!

This is a great home base for exploring San Antonio, a very fun city to visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SKM3
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Great location by the riverwalk, staff friendly. Do not expect a new hotel, but it's in decent conditions. The bar is pretty full at nights, which is also good. The restaurant has a good chef and good food. Rooms are spacious enough for 2 ppl. No noise at rooms, which is fantastic.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank eltintero
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We just completed our annual golf event and dinner at the Westin Riverwalk and it could not have gone better. The staff went way above and beyond to make sure each aspect of our events went off seamlessly! Our guests were happy with the events and that equals success!

Thank you Westin!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank glathers
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have been staying at this Westin for almost 5 years. I almost exclusively stay here when in San Antonio. There is a certain expectation that comes with the brand "Westin". It is the expectation of paying attention to the little things. The Westin, and more specifically the Westin's cleaning staff and building engineer are just not getting it done. I checked in and we were given a room on the street side of the hotel which I had specifically advised the Front desk assistant that I did not want. After arriving in the wrong room I called the front desk and the change was made. The bellhop brought the new keys to the new room. My family and I changed and made our way to the hotel swimming pool on the 4th floor. As I swam in the pool it was evident that the general and cyclical maintenance on the pool was less than would be expected at the Starwood's second tier flagship. The pool tile around the edge of the water was caked with mound of sun lotions, makeup, and body oils. The tile, which once was a eggshell to antique white had become so gummed up with disgusting oils and creams the tile took on a new sheen of medium brown. This is NOT to be expected in this level of SPG hotel. There is little, to no attention given to the pool or the pool deck which was littered with trash and the patio drain containing wads of hair. When we arrived back in the room I showered and was surprised by the rising river of water around my legs. I stopped the shower and removed the drain to find the water not flowing down the drain due to the 6-7 inch long, hotdog shaped wad of hair, bobby pins, and pieces of plastic cup stopping it up. I took this mess to the front desk with a complaint which the night supervisor handled in an exceptionally professional manner. I would suggest and recommend that the Westin undertake some cyclical maintenance with the sink and tub drains, and pool tile.
The rooms and the beds were comfortable and clean otherwise.

I still would recommend this hotel, and I will possibly stay here again the next time I'm in town.

I would recommend to the staff of the Westin to designate 1 floor of the hotel to being "dog friendly" rather than the entire hotel as it is designated . There are people(me and my children) who are severly allergic to dog and cat hair and dander. This makes for a very unpleasant sneezing, wheezing stay. Where did the rights of others go? And please don't think some menial vacuuming of the room removes all of the allergens, for you can't even clean the drains?!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the street side do not have balconies and might prove safer for guests with children as...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles