We are 3/4 of the way through our stay and have talked about why we will return to this location and property..
The property is excellently located in Friday Harbor, meaning the car can be left alone and the pace of life may settle down [ should mention that this is the slow season --- which is appreciated].
The FHH has a variety of rooms but wanting to have the quiet view of the water [ being a landlubber] reserved a full harbor view room for a few more dollars and having had three days looking at the peaceful setting in front of us ---would definitely do this again --- as we are going to return.
After a full day of walking and looking around the afternoon in front of the windows - [ a little chilly to use the deck and chairs] with the fireplace on and a glass of wine made decompression easy and enjoyable. The room has a great two person jet tub with an open wall between it and the main room, allowing one to enjoy the view and the soak. It has been at least 10 years since i have been in a tub and I do plan on doing so once more this afternoon [ our last afternoon]
I would have preferred this room to have a king bed but the queen has served us well and is quite comfortable. Lovely sleeps with the curtains open - allowing us to view the nighttime lights of the marina.... even when we wake at 2 or 3 for a short time.
I am sure that the partial view rooms will be ok but on walking around the building I have noticed that some partial views are also over the parking lot... Again the full view is terrific, allows for total privacy and is absolutely quite.. Room 32 [ third floor] is what we will ask for on our next visit as it has been a great get away for us.
The review cannot finish without talking about the staff --- terrific from the moment we arrived -- full of tips and extras when asked... This includes the Bluff restaurant which i will review separately
Back to the start of this reveiw where we chatted about our holiday --- the answer is [ if you have not guessed already] is we are already planning on returning to this new found nugget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friday Harbor House perfectly complements the charm and serenity of the San Juan Islands and delightful shops and restaurants of the town. Upon entering our lobby, a friendly smile greets you. Your room features a cozy and romantic, Zen-like atmosphere with a picture window, a fireplace and an oversized, jetted tub-for-two that is the perfect way to wind down at the end of your day. Enjoy locally-sourced cuisine inspired by the Islands at the Friday Harbor House restaurant, all while admiring panoramic views of the San Juan Channel, ferry landing and marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Friday Harbor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friday Harbor House Hotel Friday Harbor
- Friday Harbor Hotel
- Friday Harbor House San Juan Island, WA