“Friendly Coffee and Chocolate”
Review of San Juan Coffee Co

San Juan Coffee Co
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Description: Hey, thanks for your interest in San Juan Coffee Roasting Company. We are Steve and Irene Herring and we have been living in the beautiful San Juan Islands for about 20 years. About 19 years ago, we decided that these islands needed some freshly roasted coffee, instead of coffee shipped in from who knows where and roasted who knows when. Now we are proud to say that any coffee purchased from the San Juan Coffee Roasting Company is a mere 24-48 hours out of the roaster. We roast everyday in small batches to assure the fullest flavor that our coffees can offer. We ship within 24 hours of receiving your order via phone, mail or Internet to ensure the freshest possible product at your door. If you would like the ultimate San Juan Coffee experience, please drop by our retail shop. We're right alongside the Ferry Dock in Friday Harbor.
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Dropped in on a drizzly day to get some coffee. I not only purchased coffee beans and chocolate truffles, but was given a free cup of coffee for my purchase, and had a chance to sit down and talk with Irene (the hostess) and other island residents who were visiting the shop. I felt right at home and enjoyed the warmth of the coffee and camaraderie. So relaxed. Not sure why I don't do this at home - maybe because I usually feel rushed.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

I'm not much of a coffee authority, but I do like an iced coffee from time to time. However, I never know what to order! The ladies at the Caffe San Juan Coffee Roasting Company were very kind and helpful! They even offered to make me something and if I didn't like it, they would try again at no charge! No need - the coffee delight that was given to me was perfect. My only complaint was that it was TOO good, so I had her make me a second one before leaving for the ferry! :) It was a warm day when we wandered in off the boardwalk, and they even offered my service dog a drink of water! Service doesn't get any better in my opinion!

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We stopped in often during our stay for a coffee or ice cream as its just located near the ferry/whale watch tours. Coffee and ice cream are very good though there are only a few flavors on offer. Chocolates looked great but we didnt have a chance to try them.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I am not coffee connoisseur but I know a really good cup of coffee when I taste one. And Caffe San Juan Fresh Island Roast Coffee is the best I’ve tasted in YEARS! This is my new favorite coffee. I have not had a favorite coffee since Torrefazzione (sp?) was bought out and disappeared from the Seattle coffee scene.
The Caffe San Juan coffee shop on the dock to the right of the Friday Harbor ferry terminal (behind the wine shop) is worth the visit. Their candies and chocolates are too good to pass up! Have a fresh brewed cup o joe with that chocolate covered toffee while you wait for the ferry to arrive.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Stop by on way back from our whale watching tour and the aroma of the fresh brewed coffee and tea filled the air when we walked in. I wanted tea and Irene (owner) suggested the Mountain Gold tea which was really good. Wife ordered a plain latte w cinnamon sprinkled on top and I quote her "this is better than Starbucks." I love the tea so much that I ordered a 1/2 pound of this and other herb teas. This place is obscured near the ferry but I'm so glad we found it.