This is an excellent "value" accommodation. It was the only thing available that weekend at the last minute, and we were pleasantly surprised, after reading some reviews about it being "scary".
Everything worked, it was clean, and reasonably comfortable. Ambiance? Well...no. It had a TV and air conditioning (though it was barely hot enough to need the a/c). It was quiet. The management was friendly.
WiFi was too weak in our room, but if you take your laptop over next to the office, there is a covered area with a table where you can sit and surf.
The mattress, pillows, and bedding were "low-end". We brought our own pillows. If you have a sensitive back, it won't be good for you.
I've paid a lot more other places for much worse.... So to save the $100 a night versus the other places on the island, I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend a night...Not a fortune! It's really simple: Smaller Rooms = Smaller Rates. At The Orca Inn, we are proud to offer the smallest rooms in the state of Washington! Which means we have the lowest hotel room rates on San Juan Island. (Of course, for just a few dollars more, we have larger King and Double Queen rooms). With the money you save, you can spend more on amazing whale watching tours, incredible kayak trips, and other island adventures that you will remember for a lifetime. As Mr. Carson once said, "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." And at the Orca Inn, business is good! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Orca Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orca Hotel Friday Harbor
- The Orca Inn Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA