“delicious with friendly, timely service.”

Friday Harbor House Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 67 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Friday Harbor House Restaurant is a comfortable, welcoming destination for locals and visitors alike. Islanders can wind down at the end of the day with a group of friends while hotel guests can enjoy a multi-course island dining experience. All will enjoy taking in the panoramic views of the San Juan Channel, ferry landing and marina. We offer an authentic San Juan Island dining experience featuring seasonal specialties and the freshest fare from local waters and farms. Menu items change frequently as you never know what our culinary team will forage from the island's natural bounty or snag from the local farmer's market.
Reviewed 27 November 2017

i ate dinner on a friday night. had the lamb shank with butternut squash, greens, and beets - a nice fall/winter selection. enjoyed a glass of cabernet franc with it. dinner was cooked perfectly and delicious. i forgot that the shank is leg bone and was all set for chops when the giant leg portion arrived! the butternut squash was sublime and my favorite thing on the plate, well seasoned/spiced. i even ate all my greens which i am not always a fan of, but they were good. service was very attentive and all smiles. the dining room and bar are cozy and very modern and stylish. beautiful views if you are there during daylight hours. was very disappointed that i didn't schedule my time properly for the complimentary breakfast/brunch as i was jamming several activities in my second day and slept in my first day. oh, well, won't miss it next time. highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Four of us had dinner around 8 PM one evening. Each of us had a different entree and in all cases, the food was excellent with generous portions. Love atmosphere and friendly service made it a special evening.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Enjoyed our second great dinner here. Food is delicious and the view is fantastic. Fantastic bartender who makes great cocktails, either from the menu or to whatever your liking may be.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We stayed her so was very easy to experience Breakfast, Happy hour & dinner. Our group loved everything they ordered and we are already planning our next trip!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we were seated promptly. Given that we are Canadians we really could not interpret the wine list. I do NOT like oak and the first wine suggested had a bit. The young gentleman serving us took it away and made a very good suggestion of an un-oaked Chardonnay. We shared an appetizer of burrata cheese which was good- but not something we would order again. My husband loved the scallop dish he ordered and I had halibut. The only problem is that my halibut was on a luke warm plate and cauliflower was not hot. The waiter removed my plate and it came back much warmer. I would not normally like cauliflower but it was excellent. Our dessert was nothing to write home about- it was a brioche style donut. Overall the food was above average and the service was really good. Enjoyed our evening!