“Great service”

Good for: Business meetings, View, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: First St
Description: We are a quaint, little Italian restaurant in the heart of Friday Harbor. We offer authentic Italian Cuisine in a beautiful, fun atmosphere. Come and enjoy Vinny’s!
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We had a delicious meal here and the server, who was new to the restaurant, was just wonderful. She spoke to the chef who basically made an original pasta entree for my vegetarian daughter. Cute restaurant with parking right out front. Good wine list as well.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Not sure who is making the food in the kitchen, but I’m pretty certain Giada would not be pleased. I was sorely disappointed given the price point and the service was poor. It felt like they weren’t very happy to see us.

1  Thank Symone O
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

No, I don’t mean that Vinny’s bring food to your hotel room. What I mean is that the staff and food exceeded our expectations while delivering a quality dining experience. The flatbread was a great starter. Each of our entrees was generously portioned and tasty. Our server was friendly and accommodating and we felt at home here.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

My family and I were recommended this restaurant by a local we were visiting from Vancouver bc for two days. We decided to give it a try but we're in a bit of a rush because we had to catch the ferry. We asked the owner if she thought we would have enough time which was 1 hour 30 mins she assured us if we ordered pasta it would be fine.

We were three adults with two small kids (4&5) the kids don't eat much so we decided to ask our server if they could split a meal and place their order right away while we look through the menu.

We ended up ordering 3 meals and 1 children's meal. My mother asked to try a wine and our server brought her the entire glass of wine turned out fine since my mother liked the wine. Figured the server misunderstood.

So here is where it all began to become awful with even more appalling service. Our food arrived everything was over cooked, bland and just mediocre. My mothers dish was horrible, tasted like the cook just poured half&half over soggy overcooked linguine noodles. The server came back to offer pepper and parmesan, my mother who only had one bite told her that she wasn't pleased with the dish. Instead of the server apologizing she insisted another one of us take it to go for later because we may like it. Nor did we have time to exchange it for another item. To top everything the kids dinner which we ordered first and with quite sufficient time before our meals, came after our meals we had to remind our server for their drinks three times. Then when we asked for take out boxes, they had apparently run out.... but seemed to have them on hand before when she tried to push my mothers dinner on my sister.

That wasn't the worst part of our experience. After very horrendous service and food, the bill came and to add insult to injury the server comes over and tells my mom that she has run the card twice and that it's not going through. My mom proceeds to tell her to try it again as it's a foreign card and has had no problem paying with it all day. She responds with " you've probably reached your limit on it, and it won't go through". My mom was appalled! She went and got the manager/owner and she had no trouble charging the card.

To sum up our review the food is very mediocre you might as well go to Olive Garden for Italian food. The service is appalling. We did not grab our servers name but she had a slim built with brown curly hair and a very unfriendly disposition.

2  Thank Alison A
Reviewed February 19, 2018

My parents and I visited Vinny's to celebrate my birthday dinner, and the food was absolutely amazing! My spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs was perfect, the cocktails were scrumptious, and I had a wonderfully decadent brownie with coffee ice cream dessert. Both of my parents raved about their dinners as well, and we received really excellent service from all of the wait staff. We will definitely be back to this excellent restaurant the next time we visit Friday Harbor!