“Vegan bar & grill”

Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A natural wood decor with live edge bars and tables in a 1891 vintage victorian house creating a rustic but refined feel. A wide selection of food styles created in our vegan kitchen creating great flavors in a variety of styles. Our foods are paired with a large selection of NW Beers and Washington Wines allowing tastes by the ounce, by the glass or by the bottle. Our dining areas are family friendly and our outside read are also pet friendly. Open 7 days a week and truly the best place to meet our interesting locals.
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Early October Monday and a lot of restaurants were closed in Friday Harbor. We found our way to Mike's Cafe which was crowded so we sat at the bar. Mike was tending bar and very good at it and friendly. We met a lot of locals at the bar. Did not know it was vegan til seated and looked at the menu. I had a juicy portobello burger with a potato salad and my sister had a faux "beefy" taco. All and all a very enjoyable experience

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We had been told to stop in this place when we first moved to SJI, and for a long time, I balked anytime my wife mentioned it, simply because my oddly engrained notion that I would not like vegetarian food, well because I don't really like vegetables.
Finally went in this summer for what was to be a glass of wine, as we had heard this was very good as well.
I am not a sommelier, but have a fairly strong knowledge (my father was a Master Sommelier) so I grew up the son of ..well a wine snob.
The wine..spot on.
Then the food!!! (Beefy Tacos) with NO meat...no clue.
Im done....five stars.

1  Thank FiveOmedia
Mike S, Owner at Mike's Cafe and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you for coming in to try it!! Glad we hit your sweet spot! Thanks for the wine complements too!

Reviewed September 30, 2017

We stopped by briefly for a glass of wine and a little snack. So wonderful! The staff was amazing and offered us their favorites, which we loved too!

Glad you had fun! and the time to say so! - Mike

Reviewed September 29, 2017

THE BEST FOOD EVER!!!! Fresh, local, organic, vegan - I was there with a party of 6 and the only vegan. Everyone LOVED it! The best food on the island IMO!!!!

You are very kind! Thanks you!! Interestingly most people who eat at our restaurant are not even vegetarian but they kepp coming back! :-) I am glad you group enjoyed themselves!

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Very nice, cozy atmosphere. Excellent food presentation & VERY tasty! Tried the mac& cheese& sweet potato taco. Both were sooo good.