“Great Meal”

Price range: US$22 - US$38
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Duck Soup Inn is a rustic island restaurant serving Pacific Northwest cuisine. We hope to offer you a sense of place by showcasing the bounty of the islands we are blessed to call home. From local farm produce, meat and seafood, foraged edibles from land and sea, and local goods made from island crafts people, the abundance and beauty of the San Juan's is on full display. We offer you adventures in island dining through fresh, seasonal, inspired cuisine, delightful wines, and creative cocktails served in a cozy cabin in the woods. The restaurant has received enthusiastic attention from various publications including Bon Appétit, Pacific Northwest Magazine, Seattle Met, Seattle Times, Gourmet, Travel & Leisure, and Fodor's.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

This was the third of three nights out in San Juan Island. I like to ask locals their opinions and my question was where would you recommend for "fine dining". Each time asked this restaurant was mentioned. We stopped in on a Tuesday as we passed the location and caught someone there so we were able to reserve a table for Wednesday. When we arrived the following night for our 6 pm reservation a call came in requesting a table and the first available time was 8 pm. We were advised by someone in the Visitors Center that we were lucky to get a reservation. Perhaps the time of year- late September helped. The service was great and we both loved our appetizers and main course. We had dessert as well- shared and almost too much as we were quite full. The only real surprise was the spread for the bread was anchovy based- which my husband loved - but was not my favorite. I would definitely recommend this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

This is definitely a special treat kind of place. The food was inventive and delicious and the ambience was perfect--cozy, good lighting. Our vegan daughter had one choice, which was basically (good) rice and vegetables. We would have gone back a second time during our week on the island if there had been more for her to choose from.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We had a great meal with a guest last week and were very impressed. It was our first visit and we look forward to going back in the future. A reasonable wine list and a growing bar and cocktail service are nice, but food is the reason for visiting. On any weekend or holiday I would strongly encourage reservations.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious meal at Duck Soup and would highly recommend it to anyone going to Friday Harbor. About 4 miles out of town but certainly worth the drive. All the dishes looked fantastic!!!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We had the most incredible dinner at Duck Soup Inn this past weekend - it was definitely one for the books! I was here last Fall and found it to be good - but I had no idea we were in for such a treat with the new owners/chef.

We had reservations and appreciated that they asked in advance if we had any dietary restrictions (vegetarian). How nice! We are vegetarian - but eat seafood as well, which lent us to almost everything on the menu. The salmon was incredible! The seafood soup was incredible! So many fresh ingredients and each dinner is served with your choice of soup or salad. I also ordered a cocktail and was unsure about one of the ingredients in the one I wanted to get - and the bartender actually came to our table to make sure I enjoyed the drink (which I did very much so!) and found that to be such a sweet touch. Everyone in our group was over-the-top impressed with their food.

Very kind and friendly service. It has a nice cozy vibe and everyone is treated like a local. Would highly recommend treating yourself to a dinner here ANY and EVER time you visit San Juan Island.

PS the re-model is gorgeous, especially the bathrooms!