“Delicious fried seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Hungry Clam is a charming, friendly diner with a large menu. We were greeted as soon as we walked in the door, and offered a table with a great view outside. My fried oysters were delish, and the french fries were nice and crispy. This place has a lot of character with an old time diner feel.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

While on vacation recently we stayed 2 days in Friday Harbor. When I asked for a good breakfast place The Hungry Clam was recommended so we decided to try it. The food was good but not the best. I asked for over medium eggs but got runny eggs instead. The bacon and pancakes were fair. As far as the service, there isn't much. We were never offered refills on our coffee nor did anyone come around to see how we were doing. The décor, however is great. We were actually told that the service is not the best by the person who recommended this place but we thought we'd give it a try anyway. Better customer service is definitely something they need to work on.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We loved our breakfast and atmosphere at the Happy Clam! Great service and great food! We found the place quite by accident the day before but they were already closed and were glad we went back the next day!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

My friends MOM,always wants to take us to Breakfast when we are on San Juan Island, Herbs Tavern was not serving Breakfast on Monday, So, we headed to the Hungry Clam, Two of us had the Eggs Benedict and has browns, 1 had a short stack of Blueberry Pancakes, My husband opted for just Wheat Toast. The Benedict was fabulous the Hollendaise was overflowing. Hash browns were more than I could finish.The Short Stack of Blueberry Pancakes, the size of the Plate was full of Blueberries.Service was quick and efficient. My Husbands Toast was Hot and more than he could eat!. Great Place for LUNCH as well.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

I live in Friday Harbor. My husband and I eat breakfast here fairly regularly and have only been a little disappointed one time this summer. Breakfast is the usual - eggs, hashbrowns (country or shredded), pancakes, waffles, etc. A friend regularly orders the Eggs Benedict which she loves. If you are looking for a standard, simple, inexpensive breakfast give this a try.
They can get busy as they are just above the ferry lanes so plan for that if you are catching a ferry.

Date of visit: August 2017