Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$268
Orbitz.com
Friday Harbor Suites(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$228
The Orca Inn(Friday Harbor)
US$110
Peter Jensen House(Friday Harbor)
US$205
Discovery Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$189
Official Site
Wayfarer's Rest(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$105
San Juan Island Hostel(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$80
Hotels.com
US$395
Hotels.com
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
No availability for your dates from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 27, 2014

Having stayed here years ago, I had mixed memories. Lovely room, a view of water and 'strange' service. The kind of service you write off, because you want to focus on the positive. I made another reservation in November 2014 for December stay - a dead time for the island. Unfortunately I had to cancel using the prescribed process. You have to call. Modern communications options are not accepted. I did call and stashed the cancelation number away at the office. The host called the night of the stay ( a holiday weekend day) at 6:00 PM asking me to produce the cancelation number. When I did not call her back within 30 minutes, I saw my AMEX notification that my card was charged the full amount. Watch your wallet with this one. This was a great place ten years ago. The host makes it a place to avoid.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve A
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2014

I have no record of a cancellation by telephone or email. My policy is clearly stated with webervatons and he agreed to the terms when Mr. Anderson made the 2 night reservation. It was also stated in the letter of confirmation sent to him on Nov. 5th. "ask for a cancellation number for your records to verify a cancellation has been made. No penalty beyond two weeks of reservation date". I waited all afternoon for their arrival and had to come back to the inn early from a family Christmas holiday in order to accommodate them. I called him late afternoon to check on their arrival time and found them still home and upset that I would question the fact I had not received any notice of cancellation. I offered to credit his credit card if he was able to give me proof of cancellation and a cancellation number. This letter trying to discredit me and my inn to Trip Adviser is his way of responding. I still haven't heard back from him with any cancellation #.

Reviewed October 26, 2014

The Highland Inn is a special place. My wife and I recently stayed there for 3 nights for some much needed peace and quite. The proprietor, Helen King has created an atmosphere that really makes you feel like your are home without being home. We stayed in the Whale Watch suite and it is super spacious, very private and has spectacular views to the West and British Columbia over looking the Haro Straight. Helen bends over backwards to make her guests feel comfortable. She is very sweet and a passionate chef. Her morning breakfasts were spectacular and her "made fresh daily" afternoon cookies were a delight. We will definitely return to the Inn on our next visit to San Juan Island. Thank you Helen :)

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don M
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2014

It means so much when guests take the time to write a review of their stay here. I'm so glad you were happy and enjoyed the room, views, breakfasts, and my cookies. Having you was such a pleasure. Seeing the Orca whales was an added bonus. Lucky me having guests like you to share my paradise with and that's just one of the things I will miss so much when I retire. Helen

Reviewed July 27, 2014

The innkeeper, Helen, does a wonderful job of making you comfortable in her inn. The room is very comfortable, large, and clean. Breakfast can be served in your room sitting with a view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The breakfast was wonderful. On a rainy day we enjoyed the fireplace. Made for a cozy evening. A great retreat!!

Room Tip: The whale watching room is a beautiful room with an unobstructed view of the Straits.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don M
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Even though you were here during a much needed rain, glad you enjoyed your own wood burning
fireplace and comfortable sofa and easy chair while watching for Orca Whales in the sea below.
It was such a pleasure having you at the inn, and hope you may return some day. I appreciate your comments. Helen King, Innkeeper

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our stay at the Highland Inn was the most wonderful week of our 8-year marriage! We managed to get away while the kids were at summer camps, and we gradually transformed from harried, over-functioning parents to relaxed, happy human beings. Helen managed to delight us with her wonderful cooking, while at the same time respecting our privacy and need for "alone time." The slower pace of life on San Juan Island, along with the breathtaking views, make Helen's inn a quiet paradise. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee_and_Lisa_2013
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

How nice of you to write Trip Advisor about your stay here. More parents should have a special time away alone while their kids are at camp. It was such a pleasure having you here as my
guests. I always enjoy it when guests take advantage of the many things to do and see on the
island. It was fun to hear about your previous days activities and your evenings out at breakfast each morning. Thanks so much for your stay here. Helen King, Innkeeper

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here in June of 2005 during our 1st wedding anniversary. The food was excellent, the rooms lovely, the view amazing and Helen was the perfect host. We saw whales from the room and went sea kayaking. I know it has been a while but we are thinking of coming back for our 10th!

• Stayed: June 2013
bestinnkeeper, Owner at Highland Inn of San Juan Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

How nice to hear from you after all the years since your stay at the inn. Nothing has really changed except perhaps some additional breakfast treats like Eggs Benedict NW style with
smoked salmon. Of course, I always discuss choices of time, where you would like it served
and any allergies or things you don't care for at check in time. The Orca whales are still coming
by and you will find the same romantic atmosphere with complete privacy, lovely sea view,
sunsets, passing ships, etc. in our peaceful quiet neighborhood away from busy Friday Harbor.
I look forward to your return visit. Thank you for your comments. Helen King, Innkeeper