“Quality Tasty Food ”

Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

While visiting San Juan Island for a few hours we weren't sure quite where to eat. We got a recommendation from the visitors center to checkout Market Chef. Best meal we've had in the last 5 days since being in Washington. High quality ingredients great service creative menu. They offered unique sandwiches and food in the deli case in which you can create your own home cooked meal. Lots of locals also seemed to visit during lunch which was a good sign that it was a great restaurant. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Reviewed October 3, 2017

We have purchased food to go to take on our picnic when going on a hike on the beautiful Island. Try the I'll have the Turkey it is terrific, they also have great salads, baked goods to go. They are only open for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

We had fresh Crab Cakes and delicious sandwiches to go that we took on the ferry. I highly recommend they also have a deli case with home made salads and chicken etc..

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

This is a great place for lunch and recommended by locals. The special eggplant Parmesan sandwich was wonderful and so was my husband's turkey sandwich. Everything is very fresh and homemade. Going back for Friday only fish tacos. Friendly, casual place. Only open til 4:00. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 1, 2017

My wife had one of their salads and raved on and on about it long enough that I decided to give this 5 stars, although my burger was just so so. I am a picky eater, and there wasn't much on the menu that seemed to my tastes, so I went with the special of the day, this burger, and was less than enthralled. I do think that the other routine things that they offer, if it's up to your tastes, would be quite good here. Check out their menu first, and be weary of the burger.