“Asian Fusion”

Backdoor Kitchen & Catering
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2017

This restaurant is a little hard to find but worth the effort, it is in the back of a nursery behind the overflow parking for the ferry. Recommend reservations and request outdoor table in summer. Food is very good but not inexpensive

1  Thank crodgers34

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome! Personally I just love the outside seating area. The patio is dog friendly and that makes me happy right from the get go. Service is spot on with a very attentive but not annoying manner. The food is amazing!!!!!! I had the scallops and my husband had pork chops, both were a out of the ball park hit. I could go on, but I think my message is pretty darn clear. Go here, you will not be sorry.

1  Thank Stepmonstersusan
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

What a warm and welcoming place; we felt right at home! The food was outstanding. My husband had the bay scallops and they were superb! I had the vegetable thaly plate, exactly what I wanted. Perfectly rounded flavor combinations. We both had the farro salad, which was excellent. The vibe is "your favorite neighborhood place." Good wine choices to top it off, along with coconut cream pie. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. The halibut and rack of lamb were cooked to perfection. Service was very good as well. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

We returned to Friday Harbor this year and returned to the Backdoor Kitchen for dinner.
It was even better this year. Last time there was a large group that affected our experience. My wife and I shared a Ceasar salad and a delightful rose. My wife had the Lamb chops which were perfectly cooked and I had the cod special. The cod was light and lovely on a bed of corn. We finished off with port and desert. What a nice meal served at a proper pace.