“Great place to stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
The Earth Room, long view from the kitchen looking back towards the sleeping alcove (hidden at left)
The lounge area of the Earth Room looking back to the kitchen The kitchen and dining area of the Earth Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The lounge area of the Earth Room looking back to the kitchen
The kitchen and dining area of the Earth Room
antique 4-poster bed in the sleeping alcove of the Earth Room.
The bathroom in the Earthroom
Gardens and geodesic dome greenhouse
The front of Suitable Digs
the olive tree greenhouse
the small rock-lined swimming hole in the yard!
The swimming hole, artistically
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Vacationg...
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed August 27, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Love this place. Very comfortable and love that it is green lodging. The location is close to town and great restaurants.

Carol C C
Canberra, Australia
“Typical adobe style- why stay in a hotel?”
Reviewed June 30, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Loved this place.
Felt at home Immediately.
Our host Lisa showed us around the whole place including the extensive gardens and as she got to know us was able to provide us with local recommendations for eating and sightseeing. All her recommendations were excellent.
All the rooms are designed with a local adobe style and beautifully decorated. We loved having a kitchen so we could save money and not have to go out for All our meals.
Will come back.

1 Jul 2018
Carol, thank you for your very kind words, and I'm so glad the place worked well for you. It was a great pleasure to have you and Ian stay here, and I do truly hope you'll come back.
mtacosta
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Suitable Digs Sanctuary”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Five STAR ***** This is a lovely home away from home. I rented with Lisa for 30 days while I looked into getting to know Santa Fe better and I am so glad I did. Priority for me was cleanliness and safety, both were excellent! I was presently gifted with Lisa's warmth and commitment to make sure I felt settled and her desire to share any information I needed on SF and NM. She is very professional allowing her guests their space, but also available for any question one might have. Suitable Digs is the perfect distance from downtown, just close enough to enjoy all the activities, but far enough away to feel like you are at a beautiful retreat. I hated to leave, but absolutely intend on visiting staying there again!

29 Jul 2017
I can't thank you enough for such a beautiful review, Martha! As you know, I loved having you stay here and look forward to seeing you again.
Pilimbe
Melbourne, Florida
“Perfect spot for a wonderful Santa Fe getaway”
Reviewed December 1, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

This funky little apartment might be just a studio on paper, but it's packed with amenities and little special touches that make it special. In addition to everything else, Lisa, the owner, provides a superb annotated restaurant list that guided us to places for wonderful meals in town. We couldn't have asked for a better place to spent a week+ in Santa Fe! The location on the outskirts of town made us feel like we were living in Santa Fe, and not just visiting, but the location was also just minutes from everything, and therefore really convenient. A wonderful find - highly recommend!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cute apartment and that personal restaurant guide!
Liked least: nothing
2 Dec 2015
Thank you both for your kind words...I'm so glad it all worked for you!
derek_chr...
San Clemente, California
“Warm and pleasant”
Reviewed January 5, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I have used TripAdvisor to choose accommodations in Italy and now in Santa Fe, NM. I have to say I am a fan of the process and value of this community of travelers. Read the other reviews of Suitable Digs and you will get an accurate picture of this lovely place. Lisa was kind and attentive to our needs. It was centrally located just a short drive from downtown. Also, the decor, furnishings and atmosphere made me feel as if I lived like a local. This is a highly recommended destination and I will rent there again on my next trip to NM.

Liked best: Very "southwest feel" to property
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
6 Jan 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words, Derek! It was a pleasure having you and Stephanie stay here, and the note you left was lovely. As well, the care you took of the Sun Room was very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to the next time.
lorriek53...
“Great place”
Reviewed December 31, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed in both the Bunkhouse and the Earth Room, and both were great.Lisa's attention to detail is amazing, so everything seemed perfect: the furniture, the dishes, even the silverware. There's art work everywhere, so it feels very personal and warm. Lisa even got the heat going before we got back from our day's excursions, so we wouldn't be walking into a cold room. This is a comfortable and cozy place that almost feels like home.

Travelling group: Friends
1 Jan 2015
Thank you, Kathy...I'm so glad Suitable Digs served you and Lynn well. As I told you, it was a great pleasure having you both stay here, and I would love to see you again!
akfowens
lewisville
“Sustainable lodging done right”
Reviewed October 8, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We loved the idea behind suitable digs... and were fortunate enough to stay there on our summer road trip. The grounds were amazing and the thought behind every aspect of suitable digs is with purpose. We stayed in the earth room which is located in the entire first floor of the three-story main house. The apartment opens onto a outdoor patio where we could enjoy the morning sunrise and beautiful skies at dusk.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the property grounds
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing