“Always Good”

Flying Tortilla Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 612 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: At Flying Tortilla, we serve up some of the best home-cooked diner fare in Santa Fe, NM. Join us for a taste of what the locals eat today! Serving breakfast and lunch every day of the week, our friendly staff cooks up the best New Mexican diner fare around. Best known for our colorful customers and hearty comfort food, our menu combines American diner fare with New Mexican flare. Try a stack of pancakes, a breakfast burrito with our red and green chili sauces, some chicken-fried steak, or a cooked to order burger. We feature daily specials including special crepes, enchiladas, and more. Dine with us or take it to go! Dinner service is available for special occasions or events and we offer catering in house or on location. Ask us for more details! Stop by today for great New Mexican cooking and a fun local crowd!
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I have eaten here several times and have always been very satisfied with the food and service. They are only opened for breakfast and lunch .

Date of visit: July 2018
7  Thank 23mjh57

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We were there on a Friday, I had the daily enchilada special. It was two enchiladas, one stuffed with spinach and shrimp, the other stuffed with steak and spinach. They were both muy delicioso and come with red or green Chile. I had the green Chile and it was just right, enough spice to make it flavorful but not too hot. My companion had the Buenos Dias, it was eggs in a bed of potatoes with red Chile and he said it was very good as well.

Date of visit: July 2018
5  Thank MReevesLawyer
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Having recently moved and kitchen things not unpacked, I was seeking somewhere to do breakfast. While debating which of my favorite places to go, I found myself near a place I hadn't eaten at for sometime. Perfect! I remembered meeting a former student there and consuming fantastic stuffed French toast covered in fresh berries.
Being alone on this visit I found myself observing the patrons. This is a place the "locals" go. If you are of the Hispanic culture this is your place. I witnessed many hugs and talk among generations. It seemed everyone knew everyone else.
Having lived in Santa Fe for 20+ years and being of German descent, I have learned to appreciate the warmth of the Hispanic people but do see where some do not understand all the hugging.

What I found fascinating with this visit is
that the restaurant is located next to a hotel where many tourists stay and eat at the restaurant. I loved watching the contrast between the locals and the tourists!
Oh yes - the food is excellent.
If you are part of or familiar with the culture you'll feel right at home. If you want to observe the culture while having a good meal then this is a great place to visit .

7  Thank pg812015
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We ordered the chicken fajitas, they were very tasty, the chips and salsa was not complimentary. Service was fast and staff was courteous.

4  Thank pamalay2018
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

We missed the opportunity for lunch because they close before dinner. But we went for breakfast the next day and were able to order whatever we wanted on the menu. It was very good. We had Beef stuffed Sopapillas. I would recommend this place for price and quality of food. Also was the cleanest place we tried.

4  Thank gregbX9502TV