El Rey Court
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$159
Comfort Suites Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$85
ComfortSuites
Inn and Spa at Loretto(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$161
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$118
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$100
Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Breakfast included
Santa Fe Motel & Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
Hotels.com
La Fonda on the Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$239
  • Pool
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$193
Travelocity
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
US$575
All reviewstortillaspantry restauranthot tubmotor courtcerrillos roadcontinental breakfastcookie cuttershort drivenice breakfastadobe styleoutdoor poolvisiting santa fenew mexicoroad tripspacious roomwe've stayedfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have to say the El Rey divided opinion between my husband and myself, I was keener on it than him! I guess in the summer it would be a lovely and relaxing place to stay, but in the winter or spring you might be better off in the centre of Santa Fe, which is beautiful. The El Rey is a bit of a drive to the centre, and parking can be tricky in the evening. The grounds are beautiful, but the pool was closed when we stayed in April and it was a bit too cold to sit outside for long, which was a shame as the room was a little cramped and dark for relaxing in. The bathroom was newly decorated and beautiful with a good shower, although again, tight on space. We enjoyed the lovely hot tub, despite a fierce wind that was blowing! The lounge is nice, but we were not shown around it when we checked in, so didn't really find out about it till the next morning. Service is friendly and helpful especially at breakfast which offered a good selection including fresh tortillas with green chilli - I loved them! There's plenty of info about local attractions available and the El Rey does offer good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room set back from the road if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed at the El Rey for a couple of nights on our way to Arizona. We have stayed there before, but it was many years ago. Loved being able to walk around the gardens and foot paths that run through the property. Each, nicely scaled section or grouping of rooms reminds you that you are in Santa Fe. While the room we had at first looked like a regular motel room with two queen sized beds, there was an additional alcove with separate sink, closet and dressing area in addition to the bathroom with its own sink etc. I loved the vintage black and white tile, the generous amount of towels, soaps, creams etc., the window that actually opened in the bath room. Right outside our door was a covered portico that ran the length of our one story building with seating in front of each room to extend the feel of the size of the room and to take advantage of a place to read while someone else may be watching TV.

The breakfast was presented with warmth and charm by the long time morning staff; warm tortillas, green chili, hard boiled eggs in addition to juice, yogurt, cereals, English muffins, breads, and fresh fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. On Easter Sunday, the hard boiled eggs were dyed! It is these personal touches that add a lot to a stay here.

The nicely furnished lounge just outside the reception area was actually a place where you might want to be---to read the newspaper, use the computer etc.

You can easily pay more to stay in Santa Fe, but with the ease of the parking, the livability of the room and the friendliness of the staff, I don't think you could have a better experience.

Room Tip: call and speak to the staff directly, the woman I spoke to was very helpful in choosing a room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CorrineAtlantaGa
Reviewed 7 April 2012

El Rey Inn -- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I have stayed here so many times over the years that I cannot number them, however, I love this property. I feel at home here. I look forward to the chocolate covered peppermints in the room, I want to buy the soaps (yes I've taken a few in my suitcase) I like to figure out how to be creative with my hard-boiled egg in the morning. And this year - the hot tub, with the fireplace going and the snow falling - it was so terrific. I am just sorry I couldn't stay more than one night this year.
Thank you. I'm a regular - this is a charming,gracious, historic motor inn. Plus, there is a great restaurant just up the street.

Room Tip: It is a bit quieter if you are away from Cerillos Road - but the property is quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank o2bnfr
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is actually our second time staying at the El Rey Inn but my first review on the Inn. The El Rey is a GEM of a place to stay. It is roughly 8 miles from downtown - close enough and convenient to get anywhere you would like to go in Santa Fe. The price of the stay, which includes breakfast, is very, very reasonable; the rooms are clean, individually decorated/unique and cozy; the grounds are well maintained and a pleasure to walk around and take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Each of the El Rey staff showed "ownership" towards making your stay enjoyable . . . . you didn't get the feeling of "oh I just work here so I have to be nice." Thank you for making our stay in Santa Fe so enjoyable and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrmoore44
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Charming, clean, comfortable units with a southwestern flavor which would be difficult to beat in the price range. Our unit was reasonably close to a main thoroughfare (Cerrillos Road) but surprisingly quit. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Close to bus stop and only a five minute drive to the Plaza. Within walking distance of the wonderful Jambo restaurant and very close to The Pantry. Continental breakfast not exceptional but with The Pantry nearby, who cares?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends