This is one of those reviews that I really had to ponder before writing. My family of four stayed here over the New Year's holiday and we really enjoyed the hotel - no question about it. My only hesitation is that it's such a great, relaxing place that I would only bring kids if they are used to traveling and enjoy an upscale, peaceful atmosphere. In my opinion, this hotel is best for couples/adults. That's not to say they aren't accommodating to kids (they are), it's just that the "retreat" ambience doesn't really lend itself to energetic kids. If you plan on bringing kids and they fall into the "extremely energetic" category, this may not be the place for you.
Having said that, we did like this place a lot. The afternoon wine & cheese was a real treat and the breakfast was, hands down, one of the best offerings (free or otherwise) I've ever seen at a hotel.
Our room was very clean, nice furnishings, big bathroom and had a nice little balcony. It was on the third floor, and there is no elevator, but we didn't mind because we definitely got our exercise.
I also got one of the best night's sleep I've ever gotten at a hotel - and this was on New Year's Eve! Those of you who are light sleepers will love the peace & quiet. On the other hand, the hustle and bustle of Santa Fe is just a few minute's walk away.
The front desk staff was wonderful - very helpful. They suggested a great restaurant for dinner and made sure we knew where the best shopping was. Overall, it was a wonderful place with a very peaceful vibe - well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Santa Fe, New Mexico, between the historic Plaza and the art-filled galleries of Canyon Road, the Inn on the Alameda is the ideal downtown Santa Fe lodging location. With this cozy inn as your home base, you can explore our town’s unique attractions, unique museums, fine dining, distinctive boutiques and local festivities. An ample continental breakfast with organic. vegan and gluten-free selections is included with every stay, as is a relaxing afternoon wine hour daily. Wi-fi and parking are always free, and one pet under 30# is welcome with a nightly fee in pet-specific rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Inn on the Alameda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Alameda Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel On The Alameda
- On The Alameda Hotel
- Inn Alameda
- Inn On The Alameda Santa Fe, New Mexico