1,002 results
All reviews underground parking great location restaurant upstairs presidential suite half block wet bar private balcony small bathroom within walking distance new mexico sitting area charming hotel king bed living room mini fridge main plaza historic plaza
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. Centrally located a stones throw from the plaza and all of the museums and restaurants. Very friendly, efficient and helpful staff, the rooms were beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The bar downstairs was a great spot for an afternoon beer and great snacks from the amazing hotel restaurant upstairs Estevan. You simply must try the hot dog, which is a well loved bar snack by the locals in Santa Fe. Unfortunately we did not get to sample the full menu of the restaurant because it is closed on a Tuesday and we were enjoying the bar so much on Monday night that we only got to sample the snacks. Can not recommend this place enough. It is a high end experience without the high price tag.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Can't say enough about the customer service here. Lots of glowing reviews online that don't need to be glowing. This one does.

Alyssa (R., not that *other* Alyssa) worked her butt off to make sure my girlfriend's birthday weekend was perfect. To make sure everything was perfect she kept in close SMS contact with me all weekend. This included surprises that Alyssa (R.) HERSELF largely planned FOR me. The rest of the staff was very very friendly as well. Didn't get a chance to have dinner or drinks in the onsite restaurant/bar, so will have to come back for that. I've said this many times already, but to Ms Alyssa (R.!) from both my girlfriend and I, thank you so very much.

1  Thank Dominic L
Reviewed March 29, 2018

This is our second visit to Santa Fe and we wanted to stay on the square to walk to things. The customer service here has been great. When we arrived we were put in a room with a door that did not lock, due to settling and weather. I informed the front desk and Esperanza helped us not only get the door fixed but moved us to a room closer to our friends with a door that locked. She was very helpful and attentive and I would stay here again because of her!
An added bonus is that you can call the front desk and they will start a fire in your room so you can have a cozy evening around the fire.
This is not the fanciest hotel but it is a great location with friendly staff, easy parking and reasonable rates.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank emc590
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Location & parking was good but hotel is in the need of a lot of repairs, painting, updating, & is just old & tired & needs to be redecorated & updated. We booked in for 4 nights over a long weekend & moved after 2 nights to a much better property at a lower rate. The bathroom sink would not drain & after 4 visits from the maintenance man, it was still not cleared up. The entire hotel is in bad need of being fixed up. The people working there were not friendly & helpful; We have been to Santa Fe many times & have stayed at many properties that were very nice & would go back to all of them but would not return to this property in spite of the good location.

7  Thank James D
Alex S, Operations Manager at Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear James D,

I appreciate you taking the time to review Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe! I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations, your feedback has been shared with the maintenance team and we will be working diligently to make repairs to our building in the next few months. We hope that you will change your mind and stay with us in the future. If you would like to discuss your recent stay in more detail with me please feel free to call or email me. 505.988.4900 or asalinas@hhandr.com. Thank you again for your feed back.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

We have stayed at several hotels within a few blocks of the "square". The Hotel Chimayo is by far our favorite. Easy walking distance to shops and restaurants around the square. We like suites and the Pojoaque suite at Hotel Chimayo was perfect.

This is a 3 story downtown hotel, so don't expect stunning views of anything. The Hotel restaurant is worth a visit.

Dear DurangoKids05,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe! We have a prime location to downtown Santa Fe, our convenient location makes it easy for our guest to walk to all attractions. I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!