New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe
Ranked #10 of 40 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bethesda, Maryland
“a fun place to stay in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I just spent three nights at the Pueblo Bonito in Santa Fe. Located about an eight minute walk from the Plaza and ten from Canyon Road, the Inn has a great location. My room was very comfortable. I loved having a working fireplace. Herb and Amy were helpful and personable. It was a great place to stay!

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Barbara,

I'm glad you had fun over your three-night stay with us. Herb and I enjoyed suggesting options around town for you! We love our location, too— right between the sites of downtown and the arts community on Canyon Road, with delicious restaurants everywhere. Hopefully we can welcome you back to Santa Fe again soon. The kiva will be waiting for you!

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

rooms were charming, hosts friendly and helpful, great location. highly recommend to anyone heading to santa fe!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marion,

Thank you for the short and sweet review! I'm glad you had a wonderful stay here with your friends. Herb and I appreciate your compliments as well as your recommending our inn and hospitality to fellow travelers. Hopefully we can welcome you back on your next visit to Santa Fe!

Thanks again,
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

PBB&BI was a lucky find. Having done all we needed/wanted to do in Taos, we cut our planned nights there and headed to Santa Fe. SO HAPPY THAT WE DID!!! While fading in and out of cell range in the car, we were successful in finding via BedandBreakfast.com ap the hot deals for Santa Fe. PBB&BI March Madness sale was too hard to resist. A great rate, great hosts, and great big accomodations. The rate was significantly less than what we'd paid for a much, much smaller room in Taos. The breakfast wasn't gourmet, but filling. I didn't ask for special gluten free, though was aware that it would be available for those who needed it.
The afternoon punch and snacks was pleasant, again not gourmet, but pleasing. The rooms, staff and amenities were MORE than we expected which is always a nice surprise when travelling.
The location of the property is very easy walking distance to heart of Santa Fe. The parking at the PBB&BI is FREE!!! which is a considerable saving over other area hotels whose fees are around $20/per day to park your own car.

Room Tip: We asked for a downstairs room, and had one near Manhattan Avenue. It was quiet-never heard traffic...
1 Thank eB0LD
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Edith,

I'm so happy you found us, too! It was delightful to host you both for your last-minute visit to Santa Fe. Thank you for your attention to the great value of our inn. We're proud to offer our guests so many benefits at an affordable price: rooms that are spacious yet cozy, free parking at a location that is convenient enough to walk everywhere, and tasty breakfasts and afternoon snacks. Glad you found our "special" as they are very popular! and updated on our website as well. Plus, of course, Herb and I are always there to help you take full advantage of the city!

I hope you enjoyed exploring, from the historic sites around downtown to the galleries on Canyon Road. The next time you're traveling through the Southwest, we would love to welcome you back to Santa Fe!

Linwood, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I spent three nights at Pueblo Bonito and had a wonderful experience. Our room was charming. We loved the kiva and lit it every night. Amy and Herb were very helpful in planning our stay and gave us great recommendations for restaurants. Amy sat with us and laid out a plan for sightseeing that allowed us to see everything in the time we had. one of the best things about the B&B is it's location. You are walking distance to everything! The free parking is an added bonus. there is a gift shop in the lobby and it truly does have the best prices. I bought a beautiful Marta Ortiz pot and after pricing it in town I know that Amy was much less expensive.

1 Thank sharonkl
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Sharon,

Thank you for your review! Herb and I are happy we could help you and your husband maximize your time here in Santa Fe — we like to think of ourselves as a resource for our guests. There's a lot to see in three days, which is why it's helpful to have locals help you figure out where to go and when. It's also nice to have a cozy room and warm kiva to come back to after sightseeing!

I appreciate you mentioning the Pueblo Bonito gift shop, too, for unique items and affordable prices. The Mata Ortiz pot you chose is lovely. Back in New Jersey, I hope it reminds you of your time here in New Mexico!

Hope to have you back,
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Excellent place to stay in Santa Fe. The rooms and common areas are charming, clean and historic. The location is great - centered between downtown and Canyon Road. Walking distance to everything in Santa Fe. The hosts were most helpful and friendly. The breakfast offered many choices pleasing everyone in our party.
We would stay here again when we return to Santa Fe!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Karen,

We're thrilled to hear you and your family plan to return! That means you truly enjoyed your stay with us earlier this month. It can be hard to please everyone, so I'm glad our breakfast spread was satisfying across the board. I'm also glad you all found the rooms cozy and comfortable, the perfect place to come back to after a day of exploring on foot.

Herb and I both appreciate you taking the time to review our inn and also recommend it to fellow travelers. Thanks very much— we look forward to welcoming you back!

Take care,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this B&B in mid February and I would highly recommend it. The trip was a surprise for my husband and the hosts Amy & Herb went out of their way to help me pull it off. They were even willing to help me stock the mini fridge with my husbands favorite beer prior to our arrival. Great recommendations for things to do and places to eat and great breakfast too. We stayed in the San Felipe suite and found it to be really nice. Each room has a Kiva fireplace which was perfect for chilly nights. I cannot say enough good things about this location and we will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Libby,

Herb and I had a lot of fun preparing for your stay and helping you execute an all-out surprise for your husband! Going above and beyond for our guests is what we love about our job. And it's one of the many differences between our inn and a large typical hotel. Were the owners, so we deal directly with our guests and they receive the more personal experience!

The San Felipe room was a great choice for your romantic getaway. I'm especially glad you enjoyed the kiva! I hope you know all of your compliments are so appreciated. Please come back again soon— maybe we'll have the mini-fridge stocked and ready for you!

Warm regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This was a first time trip to Santa Fe for me - and staying at this charming, cozy, peaceful inn really made the trip memorable. The building itself is historic and full of character, and as it's a former (1930's) apartment building, the walls are thick so the rooms feel very private. And an authentic kiva fireplace in our room! That was our very favorite feature of this inn. The pinon wood fires smell so good all over town - and here you can enjoy a fire right in your own room. The flagstone floor, beamed ceiling, rustic doors and Mexican tile all add to the authentic Southwestern ambiance. As other reviewers have noted, Herb and Amy, the owners, are really friendly and helpful. This place is a gem - we loved it and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Our room was near road, so despite thick walls, we could hear some traffic. Nothing a little white n...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smokeyjoe
Joe,

Thanks so much for the review. We're thrilled you loved your first trip to Santa Fe and that you hope to return again soon! I'm glad we could host you for your first trip, too.

Even after 26 years, Herb and I are still so grateful to have this historic, Santa Fe "gem" as the site for our inn. Built over 150 years ago, the original cluster of adobe buildings was once all a part of a West Texas circuit judge's private estate. In 1930, the property was sold and converted to apartments (starving Santa Fe artists!). Finally, in 1970, the property came into my family. We're doing our best to preserve its heritage and to enhance its authentic ambiance. We're very proud of the kiva fireplaces in every room, so it's great to hear that was your favorite feature of our inn!

Again, we're happy you enjoyed your time in Santa Fe and hope we can welcome you back soon!