“Really enjoyed our stay Pueblo Bonito Bed & Breakfast Inn in Santa Fe NM”

Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #9 of 37 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Took our girls to Santa Fe, New Mexico for spring break. We stayed at Pueblo Bonito Bed & breakfast Inn during our time there. This was our first B&B, I must say it was a great first experience. Here at Pueblo Bonito Bed & breakfast Inn, we had a quaint room with a queen size bed and a futon. This room is equipped with kitchen plates, cups, silverware, refrigerator, toaster, coffee pot and there was even a kiva fireplace. It was really a home away from home experience.

The Innkeepers Herb and Amy Behm were very friendly and helpful.. Always there if you needed something & very insightful in places to see & visit during our stay in Santa Fe. Each morning we had breakfast at the B&B. There is something for everyone.

We would definitely stay at Pueblo Bonito Bed & breakfast Inn when we return to Santa Fe!

Kevin, LaVera
Tiffany and Ashley Tunis

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin T
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Kevin, LaVera, Tiffany and Ashley,

It was a joy to have you over spring break! Thank you for choosing our B&B and for taking the time to leave a review. "A home away from home experience"— we can't ask for any better than that! Herb and I are glad you felt so comfortable in your room and the rest of the inn during your stay. Thank you for your attention to the amenities! It's important to have a place to rest and relax in between all the activity of a vacation- especially when you have so many things to enjoy within walking distance from our inn.

We hope to have you back in Santa Fe soon. We'd love to welcome you again!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Pueblo Bonito is just that - an attractively decorated and maintained historic adobe B&B. It's long history and then being transformed into a family owned and operated B&B for over 40 years makes it unique and special. Amy and Herb are great hosts, providing a breakfast with many choices as well as afternoon snacks, being very knowledgeable about the Santa Fe area so they can help you efficiently plan your time while in Santa Fe - and they're fun to be around! An unexpected "find" for us was the easily accessible state capitol, only about two blocks away, which has a very extensive, well labeled and described, display of New Mexico artists' works. Good restaurants are within walking distance of the B&B as is the plaza and old town. Our time in Santa Fe and environs was enhanced by our stay in Pueblo Bonito.

Room Tip: They all are distinctive and well maintained. Pictures on their website well represent the "fl...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Carol,

Thank you for your kind words and solid recommendation. Nothing makes us happier than to hear your stay with us enhanced your time in Santa Fe! We like that even more than hearing we're fun to be around. ;) I'm glad you appreciated the history and character of our inn. The State Capitol building is a great suggestion, too. Between the Governor's Gallery and the Capitol Art Collection, you could spend a whole afternoon observing the vast amount of artwork by native New Mexico artists.

Again, thanks for the great review. The next time you come to town, we would love to have you back!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The location is very centrally located within ten minutes of the Plaza. I was traveling solo and felt the B & B was in a safe and secure location. The room was adequate. I had just come from Taos, New Mexico where I had stayed five nights in a bed and breakfast, The Hacienda Del Sol, which was far superior to the Pueblo Bonito in every way. I was glad I was only staying one night in the Pueblo Bonito. The breakfast was a simple continental breakfast. The price was reasonable; however, I do feel I got what I paid for. When I return to Santa Fe, I will pay more for a nicer place.

Letha

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Letha,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us with feedback. I'm glad you felt safe at our inn, especially as a solo traveler, but am sorry if you were less than impressed during your brief stay. As for the breakfast, though we don't offer any "cook to order" items, we do provide an extensive buffet that can satisfy most people's taste— even those who can't consume gluten.

Herb and I pride ourselves on the level of hospitality, personal service and value that we provide our guests, so it's very disappointing to hear you weren't satisfied. I wish I had more feedback on your room and our other amenities, so that I could fully address your review and also take note of areas we can work on. We're always looking to improve.

I hope you still enjoyed your time in Santa Fe.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I just spent three nights at the Pueblo Bonito in Santa Fe. Located about an eight minute walk from the Plaza and ten from Canyon Road, the Inn has a great location. My room was very comfortable. I loved having a working fireplace. Herb and Amy were helpful and personable. It was a great place to stay!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Barbara,

I'm glad you had fun over your three-night stay with us. Herb and I enjoyed suggesting options around town for you! We love our location, too— right between the sites of downtown and the arts community on Canyon Road, with delicious restaurants everywhere. Hopefully we can welcome you back to Santa Fe again soon. The kiva will be waiting for you!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

rooms were charming, hosts friendly and helpful, great location. highly recommend to anyone heading to santa fe!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Marion,

Thank you for the short and sweet review! I'm glad you had a wonderful stay here with your friends. Herb and I appreciate your compliments as well as your recommending our inn and hospitality to fellow travelers. Hopefully we can welcome you back on your next visit to Santa Fe!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 22 March 2012

PBB&BI was a lucky find. Having done all we needed/wanted to do in Taos, we cut our planned nights there and headed to Santa Fe. SO HAPPY THAT WE DID!!! While fading in and out of cell range in the car, we were successful in finding via BedandBreakfast.com ap the hot deals for Santa Fe. PBB&BI March Madness sale was too hard to resist. A great rate, great hosts, and great big accomodations. The rate was significantly less than what we'd paid for a much, much smaller room in Taos. The breakfast wasn't gourmet, but filling. I didn't ask for special gluten free, though was aware that it would be available for those who needed it.
The afternoon punch and snacks was pleasant, again not gourmet, but pleasing. The rooms, staff and amenities were MORE than we expected which is always a nice surprise when travelling.
The location of the property is very easy walking distance to heart of Santa Fe. The parking at the PBB&BI is FREE!!! which is a considerable saving over other area hotels whose fees are around $20/per day to park your own car.

Room Tip: We asked for a downstairs room, and had one near Manhattan Avenue. It was quiet-never heard traffic...
1  Thank eB0LD
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Edith,

I'm so happy you found us, too! It was delightful to host you both for your last-minute visit to Santa Fe. Thank you for your attention to the great value of our inn. We're proud to offer our guests so many benefits at an affordable price: rooms that are spacious yet cozy, free parking at a location that is convenient enough to walk everywhere, and tasty breakfasts and afternoon snacks. Glad you found our "special" as they are very popular! and updated on our website as well. Plus, of course, Herb and I are always there to help you take full advantage of the city!

I hope you enjoyed exploring, from the historic sites around downtown to the galleries on Canyon Road. The next time you're traveling through the Southwest, we would love to welcome you back to Santa Fe!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I spent three nights at Pueblo Bonito and had a wonderful experience. Our room was charming. We loved the kiva and lit it every night. Amy and Herb were very helpful in planning our stay and gave us great recommendations for restaurants. Amy sat with us and laid out a plan for sightseeing that allowed us to see everything in the time we had. one of the best things about the B&B is it's location. You are walking distance to everything! The free parking is an added bonus. there is a gift shop in the lobby and it truly does have the best prices. I bought a beautiful Marta Ortiz pot and after pricing it in town I know that Amy was much less expensive.

1  Thank sharonkl
santafeinnkeeper, Owner at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Sharon,

Thank you for your review! Herb and I are happy we could help you and your husband maximize your time here in Santa Fe — we like to think of ourselves as a resource for our guests. There's a lot to see in three days, which is why it's helpful to have locals help you figure out where to go and when. It's also nice to have a cozy room and warm kiva to come back to after sightseeing!

I appreciate you mentioning the Pueblo Bonito gift shop, too, for unique items and affordable prices. The Mata Ortiz pot you chose is lovely. Back in New Jersey, I hope it reminds you of your time here in New Mexico!

Hope to have you back,