If you are looking for a cozy homey place - where you feel you are staying safely with family or friends in another city, then Pueblo Bonito Inn is the place for you. Location is excellent, nearby the Plaza but have a little distance for a peaceful stay. Their rooms are very shabby chic! The Santa Clara room where we stayed is just the right size, very clean, has a kiva fireplace which we had definitely put to good use, has a small kitchenette, a walk in closet and a small (which we didn't mind really as this is part of the charm of this well preserved adobe property) but sufficient talavera tiled bathroom. I've seen reviews to suggest making the bathrooms larger but seeing how the adobe houses and properties were built (in a film we saw at the Spanish Colonial Art Museum), it will be too much of an effort to do so and may damage the structure. Though they have a good no. of cable channels, they may consider upgrading their television models (small CRT type) to save space though not sure if this is part of the old world theme that the owners intend to keep. Again, this didn't really bother us too much as we spent most of our time out and about absorbing the beautiful artistic city of Santa Fe. We must say that breakfast is excellent! Not sure what some of the the previous guests were complaining about but they certainly have a wide selection of food to nourish us enough to last through lunch. They have good coffee (most important for us!), juices, hard boiled eggs, waffles, various pastries and bread, multi-seed bagels (which were my absolute favorite!!!), cereal, and fruits (bananas and grapefruit). They even had Tamales one time! Apart from the generous breakfast, they have free Afternoon Tea so when you come back in the late afternoon after a long walk and sightseeing, you can rest a bit and enjoy some snacks before heading out again.
Overall, we enjoyed staying at Pueblo Bonito Inn where our budget was well worth spent. You could see that Herb and Amy really take great pains to keep this place lovely and are quite dedicated to make their guests appreciate the warm reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded historic adobe pueblo downtown Santa Fe Bed and breakfast. Walk to plaza, shops, galleries, museums, restaurants and all historic sites! 1860 built original adobe pueblo-style compound. Three buildings on one acre housing 19 individually decorated and charming, historic adobe guest rooms. Kiva fireplace, private bath and private entrance in 18 private rooms. New Mexico breakfast buffet features handmade "Pueblo Tamales" and secret family recipe "Green Chile Stew" complimented by a wide array of other traditional American offerings. Afternoon cookies and welcome drinks all day are complimentary for guests. Affordable. Don't just stay in Santa Fe- Experience real history at Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Hotel Santa Fe
- Pueblo Bonito Bed And Breakfast Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico