We spent a fabulous 7 days over Christmas in this delightful B&B in Santa Fe.
Hacienda Nicholas is one of three neighborhood establishments and is the main breakfast room and gathering area for the three. There are 4 rooms in the main house and three suites across a charming courtyard.
We stayed in the Hollyhock room, named for the featured Gustave Baumann print in the bedroom. It's a comfortable room with a flat screened tv and wonderful cable service. The bathroom is separated by two steps down a small hallway. The closet is tucked away in a renovated shower stall in the room with the toilet, which is separated from the full bath and sink.
While all the rooms we saw had wonderful tiles in the bath, The Hollyhock room is the only one to have a rich collection of hand painted scenic tiles from the 1920s. The bathrobes proved were luxurious.
Breakfasts were wonderful. Juice, coffee, and tea were available with granola, yogurt, and fresh fruit cups. Every day on a rotation of 7 days, Doug prepares a sweet or savory hot dish. The standout was the blue cornmeal waffles with blueberries. Seating is at 2 communal tables for 6 and 2 smaller tables for 2.
Snacks are available 24 hours a day. And there is a social hour daily at 5 with additional food that varies every day. In winter there is a blazing fire every morning and evening.
Christmas is mostly high season and we paid roughly $200 a day with NM tax. There is ample parking.
While we thoroughly enjoyed the Hollyhock room and plan to return to it, some might prefer the slightly larger Wisteria. It has two large stuffed chairs (compared to our one) which would be pleasant if you spend any significant time in the room. We preferred the privacy of Hollyhock with its gorgeous tiled bathroom and the privacy. It only shares one wall with another room.
Note, Hacienda Nicholas is at the very end of Marcy Street just before it becomes Hillside. GPS and some guidebooks try to locate it on Marcy Ave which we could never locate. It is a comfortable 3 to 4 blocks to the cathedral, Governor's Palace, plaza, and wonderful shopping and restaurants. It is also conveniently located a short distance (3 blocks) from Canyon Road and its galleries and lighted Christmas Eve farolito walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting B&B offers guests a true taste of the Southwest. Enjoy a great night’s sleep in our beds of feather and down. Unwind in the peace and tranquility afforded by extra thick adobe walls or go one step further and experience sublime bliss next door at the Absolute Nirvana Spa. Savor the luscious scents from our heavenly rose garden and partake of delectable Southwestern inspired breakfasts and afternoon wine & cheese. Let our dedicated staff help you make the most of Santa Fe so you can have the holiday you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Nicholas Hotel Santa Fe
- Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico