All reviews marriott courtyard typical courtyard starbucks coffee an older property nice pool night stay nice property clean rooms central location indian market hotel room road trip mini fridge nice stay free shuttle room was large happy hour
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Clean pleasant overnight stay - dog allowed to stay- good value for its central location - helpful front desk staff - near lots of restaurants - perfect alternative to high end high cost hotels in Santa fe

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol T
Reanna B, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Santa Fe through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

As a Marriott Guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

There were both good things and bad about this hotel. The good things included a wonderful, helpful staff, baked cookies at the desk in the afternoon, a good rate during Indian Market weekend, but only because we reserved the senior rate at the end of 2015 for August 2016! There was the usual Bistro, which was fine. If you signed up for the buffet breakfast (which only exists when the hotel is crowded) at the desk, you got a much better price than if you just walked into the Bistro. The same was true for a regular breakfast. When we arrived, and for the first 4 days of our 5 day stay, there was a popcorn machine in the lobby which was fun, for children and adults alike. Unfortunately, at the end, it was removed because the Bistro apparently owned it and wanted to keep it for "game days" during football season. I can't imagine why they couldn't just take it for those days, but it wasn't under my control (or under the control of anyone behind the desk). There are quite a few rooms in the hotel, but they are numbered strangely; for example, rooms ending in 16 are quite near rooms ending in 80. That was just odd and made it a bit difficult for us to find other family members who were staying here for our family reunion. There was an indoor pool and my granddaughter was thrilled with it. Unfortunately, there were 2 hot tubs also that were completely out of service and who knows how long before those will be fixed. The room where the pool was located was quite warm, but I suppose that's a function of a heated pool in a room. The real negatives of the hotel were in the room. The dressers, nightstands and bathroom sink were all covered in a nice granite look-alike; the dressers and nightstands were wood. They claim it's in the style of old Santa Fe, but they were poorly made. The drawers didn't open or close properly. I didn't want to put any clothing directly onto the wood inside the drawers because it looked dirty and like it might leave wood splinters in the clothing. At first I couldn't find the little refrigerator that you usually find in the rooms and was kind of surprised they didn't have them. I didn't much care so I didn't ask about it, but when I mentioned it to a family member who was also staying there, she told me it was under the counter in the hallway across from the closet, covered by white wood. To be fair, I can't blame the hotel because I didn't notice it--it did have a sign on it saying "refrigerator," after all; it was just in an unexpected place so I didn't see it. The hotel was also a little further out of the center of town than I would have wished, especially because there was heavy construction on Cerrillos Rd., the direct way in, but again, that's not the fault of the hotel. They did have a shuttle which left hourly for downtown, so at least you don't have to drive unless you want to do so.

Room Tip: If you want to go during Indian Market, reserve your room by the end of the previous year.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Myrna F
Lisa Marie R, Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Santa Fe.

As a Marriott Rewards Member, we see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. We saw that you rated your overall satisfaction not very well; however, we also noticed that there were several missed opportunities.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly at the e-mail address below so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations.

Lisa Salgado-Romero
lisa.romero@marriott.com

Reviewed August 28, 2016

This hotel is in need of some upgrades. The beds are like a board. There are 2 hot tubs but they both are out of order. When I asked at the front desk when they will be ready they said they don't know. They told me they think they need to be resurfaced. Why when they have 2 hot tubs would they take both out of order. Wouldn't it make sense to repair one at a time? Also this is not an inexpensive hotel and really not worth the money.

Room Tip: Good Luck finding a nice room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
8  Thank Rick L
Lisa Marie R, Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard By Marriott for your lodging needs. Unfortunately we have fallen of our goals when it comes to providing the superior service that we are know for. I have reached out with my front desk in reference to your concerns as well as how the communication came across, as well as all my department heads in seeing how we can get the hot tubs up and running as this is an amenity that guest enjoy using. I apologize that your stay was not to the expectation you nor ourselves are used to. We are in the process of correcting this issue and hope that in the near future when your travels bring you back to Santa Fe we will be able to assist you.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

We actually chose this hotel because the shuttle for the opera would pick us up there. But the stay was very pleasant. We needed a fridge and it had a small one. The room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback as well as choosing Courtyard By Marriott for your lodging needs. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay as it was a pleasure having you in house. We hope that in the near future when your travels bring you back to Santa Fe we will have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

The Courtyard Santa Fe made our visit to the Indian Market and beyond a perfect experience. The Courtyard was our base as we spent 6 days exploring Santa Fe along with a day trip to Taos. The staff was so helpful in anticipating and answering our endless questions. The downtown shuttle bus was an unexpected amenity that made our visit effortless. Although we had a rental car, trying to park near the plaza area appears to be frustrating, if not, impossible. Each of the drivers gave us different perspectives on the town and its people. As each driver took a different route to avoid construction on the main thoroughfare, we were able to get glimpses of different neighborhoods, local stores, and local architecture along the way. The ability to get breakfast on the property at the lobby bistro gave us a great start to each day without having to move the car. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reanna B, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, We were glad to hear that our services, property and customer service exceeded your expectations. We would like to thank you for choosing us to stay with and will be better than excellent your next time through Santa Fe.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Santa Fe.