Museum of International Folk Art
Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Alexander Girard collection and more

Visited on a Wednesday morning and joined a docent guided tour. Very impressive and informative... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Cathgs
Vancouver, Canada
via mobile
unusual, fascinating

We happened to arrive just as a docent tour started and were so glad we joined in with her small... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago

from US$129.00
from US$60.00
from US$110.00
1,879 results
All reviews girard collection girard wing permanent collection amazing collection different cultures special exhibit docent tour gift shop interesting exhibits all ages on display one of a kind take your time two hours new mexico visiting santa fe miniature
Reviewed November 28, 2017

Twice I have gone to this museum while visiting Santa Fe and I just do not get it. I am in and out of the building in less than an hour which is a waste of $12. Folk Art must be for some but not me. I will say that the quilts from China were worth seeing. Also the Museum Hill area itself is lovely with no parking problems like downtown.

1  Thank misspNewJersey
Reviewed November 23, 2017

Lovely experience, especially the Chinese quilts. They had a 12 block pattern so close to Western quilts, plus the 8" (ish) format, I thought to myself, did we copy them or did they copy the west? It turns out, they copied the West. But the Chinese figural and animal shapes gave them an entirely different vibe. Common motifs are fish, roosters, phoenxes and crabs I've attached photos of a few I liked, plus a description of ruyi - having one's wishes granted. What a perfect message for Thanksgiving- be thankful for what you have!!

Reviewed November 21, 2017

This museum is for every age group and in fact, teachers take their students. The workmanship in these glass enclosures and cultural artifacts are amazing. They represent people, time and place and transport you to countries near and far. If U can only go to one museum while in SF, let it be this one. One visit is not enough, you will come back for sure, like I did!!

near and far.

1  Thank cafegirlreva12
Reviewed November 19, 2017

My wife is a BFA from a major art school in the US and loves folk art. This was the most extensive exhibit that we have ever seen and you need 4 hours to truly review the collection.

1  Thank Tom N
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

One of my absolute favorite places in Santa Fe . Give yourself plenty of time as there is so much to see. Epic folk art collection !

1  Thank Shivagypsy