“Expensive for cafe food but good & healthy menu”
Review of Tune Up Cafe

Tune Up Cafe
Ranked #16 of 563 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Solana Beach, California
“Expensive for cafe food but good & healthy menu”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is one of my favorite lunch spots in Santa Fe. The food is good and they have organic meat burgers, Salvadoreno inspired food, breakfast food, salads and more. Their deserts are really good too! They always have homemade cakes and pies at the register. I prefer the tastier ones with gluten but they do serve gluten free treats too. The space is small and seating is close and tight. They have outdoor seating too. The service is ok, not great. They are quite expensive for a small casual cafe & I wish they were more generous with their iced tea. Otherwise, a good spot and a favorite of locals.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank beachmamaesq

“Best Meal I've Ever Had I Think”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I ordered the chicken mole enchiladas and it was like eating a mexican dessert. It was so good! Great service, dog friendly on patio, eclectic look. Never would have stopped if wasn't for TA especially considering you can barely see the sign. One of the best meals I've ever had I think.

4 Thank hombrito
Clearwater, FL
“Best chile relleno. Best breakfast.”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Yes, I ordered the chile relleno bfast plate and it was spectacular. Best relleno in Santa Fe. My scrambled eggs were fluffy and well done, and the refried beans, smooth. My husband got huevos rancheros and was upset because it came in a bowl. This meant his over easy eggs would now disperse into the beans and disappear instead of being sopped up by ten flour tortilla on a plate as he wanted. I think over easy eggs are gross. It didn't bother me at all. And I noticed that he didn't leave a speck of huevos rancheros left in his bowl.

One thing you should know is that you order at the counter. Then the bring you your food. This also irritated my husband until I told him to think of it as a New Mexican Panera. You order at the counter, then get your food. But at Tune up they deliver. And after the first cup of coffee that you get yourself, they come by with refills. Panera doesn't. :-) I think my husband was just a bit cranky that morning.

And my latte!!! OMG! So lovely and filled with caffeine goodness! Get the tall. It lasted all through breakfast and most of the newspaper.

Awesome lattes, amazing rellenos with perfect scrambled eggs, good coffee service. Best breakfast!

3 Thank 2fromClearwater
Seattle, Washington
“Crazy Incredible - creative and delicious!”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

When we’re on vacation, my husband and I make a point to visit a wide variety of Restaurants. Having grown up in Santa Fe, I was really excited to visit some of my old haunts – from long before the inception of the Tune Up café. After one visit, we decided to return… not one, not two…. But four times total. The El Salvadoran twist on local favorites hits the spot for both tourists and locals.

I was blown away. I’ve never had chile rellenos taste so light and fluffy. Everything I ate, to the last dish, was amazingly full of flavor and with some creative twist – we had a dish with exotic fruit and scallops, and somehow the flavors created a symphony of amazing in our mouths. The tamales were just right – moist and tasty. One morning I picked up a to-go breakfast for a host of hungry bridesmaids – so I hit the Tune Up café again… They rushed my order and got me out the door to feed the ladies in mere minutes, and the girls were *thrilled* to have such amazing breakfast.

My local friends agree on the quality and taste and were excited to make a few dates at the Tune Up.

I can’t wait to visit again this fall when we return to Santa Fe – and I agree with another reviewer that a cookbook is in order!

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank GSather
Vancouver, Canada
“No pretention here, just great food!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I fought off the desire to have chile rellenos and went with the Lamb Burger with green chiles and feta. The burger came with yam fries seasoned in garlic. Judging by the looks of the plates at the tables around me, I don't think I could have gone wrong with any choice. The burger was absolutely delicious. My only complaint is I didn't have enough room for dessert - they too looked awesome!!

2 Thank rjfab