“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Review of Galisteo Bistro

Galisteo Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Galisteo Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 559 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary, American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Water & Alameda
Transit: Bus stop at end of the block; Railrunner station nearby.
Description: Galisteo Bistro is chef/owned by the original founders, Robert & Marge Chickering, featuring eclectic, innovative, "made by hand" international cuisine & known for its open kitchen, quality menu offerings, including a full beer & wine list, with attentive service in a casual, comfortable downtown setting with plenty of nearby parking.
North Carolina, USA
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

After a long day of hiking up in Bandelier national park just outside of Santa Fe, we came back into town pretty hungry and not all that dressed up if ya know what I mean. Had no reservations but snagged a table. Wait staff were very pleasent, we were a bit under dressed but what the heck. It was the end of Restaurant week, so they had a fixed price 3 course meal, so the 3 of us chowed down on the Creole Fish fry, Gnoochi Prima and Pollo di Parma. We swapped and I thought my Creole Fish was the best. Drinks and wine came to $133 w/tip.

2 Thank nc2gulf57

Kirkland, Washington
“Fabulous gourmet meal in Santa Fe”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Wow...this restaurant rocks! Our table of 4 enjoyed delicious appetizers, each a unique presentation of flavors, delicious main courses, and had just enough space left to split desert 4 ways. The wine, service, and bistro ambiance complemented the food. Not inexpensive but for foodies like us a must do experience. Oh...did I mention the lamb shank? See the picture!

6 Thank jazzlover44
Centennial, Colorado
“Spectacular - beyond my highest expectations”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My wife and I dined at Galisteo Bistro on March 11. We cannot say enough good things about this establishment. I had the gorgonzola tort (essentially a cheesecake made with gogonzola) salad. I know, sounds strange, but risky for the chef and entirely successful with me. My wife had the house salad which was straightforward and extremely fresh. I had the lamb shank which by itself was incredible accompanied by a squash flan as the starch. Wow. Very mild and perfect complement to the lamb. Perfect veggies were on the side. My wife had the NY strip with mushrooms and chilis on top. She loved it. The wine we had was a Manso de Velasco '07 Miguel Torres Chilean Cabernet. Pricey but incredible. Wish I had waited much longer to drink it as it opened up significantly as we dined. Desert was the NOLA bread pudding, which, I swear, was exactly the same recipe my mother made except they used blueberries instead of raisins. We live in Denver and visit Santa Fe often. Galisteo Bistro will be a "must do" stop from now on.

3 Thank Bob N
LOS ANGELES
“A real treat!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We were fortunate enough to be in Santa Fe during restaurant week and ate ate this terrific restaurant. We had a 3 course meal for less than $40 that included tomato bisque, lamb shank and bread pudding. The lamb shank was large and perfectly roasted and tender. It was basted in a maple sauce and absolutely delicious!

4 Thank Akanakagawa
Dallas, Texas
“Wish Galisteo Bistro was in Dallas!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The service was impeccable, very attentive, well-mannered without being pretentious. The owner, Robert visited our table numerous times to make sure our visit was memorable. The food was creative, flavorful without over using salt, and portions were substantial. Desserts were excellent. The atmosphere was elegant but warm and comfortable. I am not an expert, but I love food and cooking more than anything. My husband teases me that I am incredibly picky about restaurants, just because I cook a lot. I am not a snob or a food jerk. When you cook hours everyday, you care about what you make, the ingredients you use, and the presentation. Galisteo Bistro wowed me. I would recommend this establishment whole heartedly....it truly warmed my heart and soul.

2 Thank Jlange36