“Great casual restaurant”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 14, 2018

We hadn't been to Il Vicino for a long time and decided to have a light meal there recently.....it is primarily known for its pizza and other Italian dishes. Both of us had paninis that were delicious; we ordered at the counter and ate outdoors in their small courtyard. Service was excellent and our meals were very good. The only downside is parking since they now share a parking area behind the restaurant that is shared with another restaurant/coffee shop. There is a large indoor parking lot across the street or you can park at one of the meters along the street. Regardless of the parking situation, I think Il Vicino has a good following with locals who will continue to dine there regularly. I know we plan to make a return visit in the future.

8  Thank BKandCB

Reviewed October 12, 2018

After not being able to go to my first choice for lunch (it had closed down), I did a quick search for pizza near me and found IL Vicino. I quickly read a few reviews and decided to take a chance, and boy am I glad that I did. You order your pizza then seat yourself. Once your food is ready, someone brings it to you. There's plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, and the pizza was very reasonably priced.

7  Thank JerseyKid_24
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is busy and very popular. They have both indoor and outdoor seating areas. You order food and pay at counter and they bring your pizza to your table. They also offer take out. We ordered 2 pizzas for 2 couples. One was ok, the other one was cold. They took it back to warm it up and they burned the crust around most of the border. We talked to manager and gave us money back.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The pizza is deliciously baked in a wood oven to perfection. Great friendly customer service. They have indoor and outdoor seating areas. The salads are amazing.

Date of visit: September 2018
6  Thank Erica K
Reviewed October 1, 2018

May be I´m not used to american-style pizza but this really freaked me out. Fatty cheese all over, but worst of all, the pesto on the pizza was so sweet (!!!) I suspected they put sugar in it. The malbec wine we ordered was just outright disgusting, here as well plenty of sugar with no taste whatsoever. Label said it was from France, but it seemed to be faked. In a quick google search I didn´t even find this winery, a similar one exists in Chile, with the exact same label, just some letters changed.