“Excellent molé and corned beef”
Review of Pantry Restaurant

Pantry Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 609 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Description: The Pantry Restaurant has been a Santa Fe landmark since 1948. We offer a unique take on a diner, where the cuisine of Northern New Mexico meets traditional American food. We have been serving quality fresh from scratch comfort food for over sixty years. You will be pleased with our fast and friendly service while enjoying the best chile in Santa Fe. As a family owned business we pride ourselves on serving the freshest and most quality ingredients to all of our guests and we promise to treat you like part of the family.
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

And probably plenty of other excellent things but those were our menu items.
No wait at 3:00 pm, and after long, hot hike we were hungry. My husband loved the molé. Great complex flavor (as it should be) but too spicy for me to enjoy more than one bite. He wants to go back for more.
I had the corned beef breakfast. I love good hash and this (pantry fries, corned beef, onions topped with eggs) sounds like hash to me and it was delicious. No odd flavors, just what's supposed to be there but the pantry fries were tender with some cheese and the house-made corned beef (cubed not sliced) was tender and flavorful. I would go back for more but the serving size was so large I took half of it back to our lodging and I'm so full I won't eat it until tomorrow. Staff was attentive and personable. So many other menu items I'd like to try there (brisket tacos, meat loaf, breakfast burrito...).

5  Thank welloff78726
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

We're happy we could help recharge those batteries after a long day hiking. Thanks for spending the rest of your afternoon with us! We hope you hike our way again soon.

Michael Singley, Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,953)

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Amazing food, short wait for a table, friendly staff. Couldn't believe my breakfast came with a side of biscuits and gravy! So much food. You can ask for half red and half green sauce / Christmas sauce so you can try both.

5  Thank Vicetta

We're glad you enjoyed all of your breakfast here, biscuits, chile, and all! Thanks for stopping by -- we look forward to getting your day off to a great start again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast food. I got Breakfast burritos almost exclusively from them, which are still in my opinion some of the best in town, until I discovered the stuffed french toast, what a treat! Highly recommend to any out of towner looking for a good traditional breakfast spot.

4  Thank agraffwriter

We're glad you branched out and gave our stuffed French toast a try. Sounds like you've got a couple of favorites to choose from now! Thank you for coming out to see us again -- we're looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Once you step inside the Pantry Restaurant, you know that it's been around for a while (1948 to be exact). It's like stepping inside someone's home. Pantry is a very busy place with friendly, hard-working staff. I went for breakfast and enjoyed the chili rellanos omelette (with green chili) and Pantry Fries. The omelette melted in my mouth and was not too spicy for the amount of chili involved. However, the real star of the show are the Pantry Fries. This dish is scalloped-style potatoes with bacon (I think) and paprika (or possibly a mile red chili powder). By far the best potato dish I've had in quite a while. The service is incredibly fast for how busy the place is. Don't be daunted if there is a wait. The Pantry Restaurant is a wonderful place.

4  Thank SanDieg0Gal
Reviewed September 3, 2018

When I travel I love a restaurant that I know I can count on to get a great meal when I need it. I can always count on the Pantry. The food, service & price are unbeatable. I go here every morning for breakfast when in Santa Fe. One thing I will add, when I go to a restaurant hungry & there is a large crowd ahead of me I usually leave. Don't do this at the Pantry. It seems the customers come here for a really good meal not to hang out & the wait is never that long, even when crowded. Seldom can you get a restaurant everyone in your group loves, the pantry is one. You just can't beat the Pantry for any meal

7  Thank searcher22
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

It's fantastic that you can always count on us for a quality meal while on the road. Thank you for your support! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're passing through.