“Wonderful breakfast”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Pantry Restaurant has been a Santa Fe landmark since 1948. We offer a unique take on a diner, where the cuisine of Northern New Mexico meets traditional American food. We have been serving quality fresh from scratch comfort food for over sixty years. You will be pleased with our fast and friendly service while enjoying the best chile in Santa Fe. As a family owned business we pride ourselves on serving the freshest and most quality ingredients to all of our guests and we promise to treat you like part of the family.
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

Oh my goodness!! Based on the excellent reviews posted on TA we chose this spot for breakfast. It was a Thursday and early (7:30 am) but were seated immediately. My husband and I both got omelets (mine with green chilis, of course) and it did not disappoint. The feel of a hometown diner. DELICIOUS!!

Date of visit: November 2018
6  Thank amygA8952AX
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Amy, we're always here to serve delicious food! Thanks for choosing us for breakfast and for loving the green chile omelet. It's definitely a classic dish here. Try the breakfast burrito the next time you're in the area!

Have a nice day,
Michael Singley, Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,969)

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

We went to the Pantry as a recommendation from a coworker. They were correct. It was wonderful. We went on a Thursday morning and they were still packed.
It is set up more like a dinner and had a very community oriented feel to it. Like just a local joint that has good food. The green chile had flavor not just heat. That was great. The food was a lot so go hungry or might consider sharing.
The place was a bit loud but I think just due to popularity and having so many people.
We had to wait in line for about 10 min on a Thursday morning. Worth the wait.
There were full carnivore plates and some for vegetarians. The food was hot and cooked correctly.
Give this place a try.

Date of visit: November 2018
4  Thank pasandy

We're so glad that we were recommended to you and that you chose to stop in! We've been cooking up delicious New Mexican dishes here in Santa Fe for some time now. Also, it's wonderful to hear that you tried the green chile and were a fan of the flavor -- it's super popular here. Visit again the next time you're around town!

Have a great day,

Reviewed November 4, 2018

I stopped in for a meal and had a great visit. Friendly service and great restaurant serving up delicious food. The staff was working great with each other to put out good looking fresh food on the tables. Kudos to the chef for paying attention to detail. You could tell the chef is passionate about the food. I had the chicken parm special and was some of the best I've ever had!

Date of visit: September 2018
5  Thank glennrr
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Thanks for coming to see us! We're always happy to see you. Also, we appreciate your kind words about our service. We always work as a team to make sure that you're served the best food possible. We hope to have you back for anotehr chicken parm, soon!

Have a great day,

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

We had eaten here about two years ago and the food and service was fantastic and we had been looking forward to going back. We were very disappointed on this visit. The service was spotty and the food was just fair. Perhaps it was just an off day but fairly expensive for the type of food and service we experienced this time.

Date of visit: September 2018

It's too bad to hear that your most recent visit wasn't the best. We always want you to love both the food and service, so it sounds like we could have done better for you this time. Hopefully, you know how great our place has been in the past and will come back to try us out again!

Have a nice day,

Reviewed October 31, 2018

I'm glad I don't live in Santa Fe because if I did, I would probably eat here five times a week and weigh 800 lbs. As it was, we ate here three times during our five day visit. Very unassuming exterior, but very nice art by local artists cover the walls. You'll probably have to wait for breakfast or lunch, but it's worth it. My breakfast burrito with chorizo and green was the best breakfast burrito I've ever had, and I've had a lot of them. Later meals brought me the brisket and the chicken fried steak. The chile cheese fries are painfully delicious. Biscuits are fluffy and the sopapillas are huge and fresh. Service was friendly and attentive. Don't let the fact that it's a bit outside of the tourist area keep you away.

Date of visit: October 2018
6  Thank mrk4th
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

We wish you lived closer! Thanks for being such a big fan of our place -- it's really awesome to hear. It sounds like you've given a bunch of our menu items a try, too, which is great. Our sopapillas are super popular, so we're glad you love them. Hope you'll visit us in Santa Fe again soon!

Have a wonderful day,
Michael Singley, Owner

Been to Pantry Restaurant? Share your experiences!