“I went...it is closed .”
Review of Infierno

Infierno
Ranked #334 of 612 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 9, 2016

It is closed - looks to be opening soon under new name/management/etc. It is not open and may be difficult to access owing to street configuration - I'll go there if it ever opens again though. May be called '500' if it ever opens again.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Vittorio_9

Reviewed October 2, 2015

Good service, tasty Italian food, and a very impressive mural inside. Eating on the patio was pleasant, although the traffic made conversation not always easy.

3  Thank LHS_42
Reviewed October 1, 2015

This used to be a great spot in its previous incarnation, Cafe Cafe. Then it became Infierno and looked very promising. Their pizzas were some of the best in town, though there are better places to get the other forms of Italian cuisine; e.g., Andiamo around the corner. We have tried to eat at Infierno twice in recent weeks. The first time we booked online but when we showed up the restaurant was closed. We tried again yesterday evening, only to find it closed again. There is no sign on the door but it looks like they have flamed out.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

The ONLY good dining in Santa Fe after 9:00 pm (or 8:30 since the others don't want you even close to 9:00). A pleasant surprise for service, food, and lower prices. Pizza very fresh and not soggy with oil and grease.

4  Thank haciendado
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

We tried it late one night and it was one of the few places open and offering food. Our food was good but the service was horrible! We watched in amazement when the younger customers around us received great service and we were ignored! My date on her walk back from the Ladies room heard two staffers joking about "the old people (us) being out past their bedtime!!!
Don't they know this place is for millennials!" My date was infuriated having worked in the fine dining business most of her career. I might add she regularly tips wait staff 30-40% if the service is good and the drinks and food is good.
I wanted to leave immediately but she insisted in trying the food and give our waitress a fair chance to treat us professionally. We got our food well after the "younger" customers who ordered well after us. & it was rather rudely plopped down on our table with a sarcastic attitude. We did absolutely nothing to merit this treatment & were by no means high maintenance customers.
The food was actually very good but given our treatment it was hard to enjoy.
Despite my objections my date insisted in leaving 20% tip with a note on our check about our service to the manager. Before we even left the restaurant we could hear the waitress laughing at her note and mumbling that we should have tried Denny's! We speculated she may have been sampling the wine list herself. Unbelievable & Unprofessional! The joke is on this place as my date is a consultant to three of the major hotels concierges in Santa Fe. So if your over 50 or even 40 skip this place! At least Denny's has more professional staff!
This does my bode well for this new Santa Fe restaurant.

3  Thank TravellerMan_11