1,568 results
All reviews old house el dorado agave lounge front desk rooftop pool parking garage steam room beautiful hotel valet service georgia o'keefe museum junior suite hot tub fitness center downtown area happy hour return to santa fe art galleries
Reviewed July 19, 2017

This hotel is quite the bit different than a lot of the other hotels in Santa Fe. They go more for a luxury look, lacking any real southwestern details that one might want when visiting Santa Fe. The people working there were very nice and helpful. The location is great, and it is right in the heart of things. It can also be booked a little cheaper than some of the other hotels in the surrounding area. I didn't mind my stay there, but it was not quite as luxurious as they stated it would be. The outside of the building is very southwestern, but the inside went a different direction. I wasn't unhappy with my stay, but I would most likely choose another spot visiting again. The one thing I was very disappointed in was the poor internet. I haven't had that bad of internet since I was touring eastern europe; this is definitely a negative for a hotel that promotes themselves as the ultimate luxury.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TrektheWorld
Reviewed July 19, 2017

So we booked a basic room for about 220 a night plus a resort fee of 25 a day--are room had no air conditioning and had to be moved-a luxury hotel consists of 7 day food and beverage which they had no service on Sunday--the resort fee i'm not sure why, as the pool is 10 x 20 feet consisting of 4 lounge chairs--the 2nd day we went to use it, it was closed and Hunter the front desk manager had no explanation why it was locked up--So we needed a bit of ice--good luck as we had to get a manager to get us ice from the closed bar as all 6 ice makers on 3 floors were not working one with a ladder in front of it for 2 days--same as the courtesy phones placed around each floor including the pool, all not working, we were told the engineer would be called--back to our 220.00 room, I've stayed at motel 6 back 20 years ago and they had more amenities then this room---also seemed every time we asked a staff member a general question they had no answers---horrible experience with a lot of excuses from the front desk

Room Tip: if you want a decent room be prepared to pay and book their presidential suite--might have more basic ammenities
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
17  Thank John B
Reviewed July 16, 2017

We stayed there for five nights on a vacation trip. The room was adequate but obviously dated. The bathroom did not have a fan. The woodwork around the window fell apart when we tried to open the window. The walls are paper thin. We were there for the Santa Fe Opera season and we were getting back at midnight, spending time talking about our experience and catching up on the news on TV. The people in the next room had young kids and they were in bed early and up at dawn. Obviously, both parties were in different time zones and annoyed each other. We switched rooms to avoid unpleasantness.

Breakfast was included in our room rate. We had to advise he servers that this was the case and show proof. Even though this is what we booked, it seemed to be news to the servers.

The breakfasts were huge and of high quality. We took to asking for half portions because they were so generous.

The bar was a fun place to get a glass of wine or beer.

When we got our checkout invoice, we noticed a "Resort Fee" of $25 per night. On inquiry, we were informed this fee covered WiFi (free in most places), valet service (we had no car), two bottles of water in the room (we drank none of them), and newspapers (we received none). When we pointed this out, the Hotel removed the charge from out bill.

Wen we return to Santa Fe, it is unlikely we would stay at this hotel, unless it was priced like a two-star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Pat D
Lawrence M, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Dear Pat,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eldorado Hotel & Spa. I do apologize about the misunderstanding with the restaurant staff about your breakfasts. I'll be sure to bring this up to our restaurant manager to ensure this does not happen in the future. Should you return to Santa Fe, we hope you give the Eldorado Hotel & Spa a chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

On May 18th, my wife and I thought to try the El Dorado Hotel in Santa Fe since we come up to Santa Fe frequently for a night or two to get away. We live in Corrales, NM. We stayed in room 418.

At 5:00 in the morning, someone entered our room. It woke my wife and I up. A man walked in wearing a dark vest. I looked at him; he looked at me, he turned around and walked out. It totally freaked us both out. My wife called the front desk and reported the incident. The person at the front desk said something like, "oh sorry about that, a customer said they left a t-shirt in the room the day before."

That morning, a bill reflecting our stay was pushed under the door. We had prepaid for the room but noticed a $26 bill for resort fee from the hotel. When my wife and I checked out, we brought the bill to the front desk and asked about the fee. A larger woman told us the resort charge was for the "FREE" wi-fi, coffee and water available to guests in the lobby. We both looked at each other and said to each other, "I guess it wasn't so free after all." We then brought to the attention of the woman the issue of someone entering our room at 5 in the morning. She was friendly and said she was sorry that had happened. Her response was someone said they had left a shirt in the room and security went up to the room to check on the shirt. She said when this happened in the evening, they were so busy with guests that the security never checked to see if the room was occupied. She then said she would cover the $26 resort fee for us for our inconvenience. Since we booked and paid for the hotel through a third party, she couldn't give us a refund for the room. My response was...gee........thanks.
It is a quite beautiful place walking distance to many cultural and fun things but we had a bad experience that wasn't fully appreciated by the people there.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
19  Thank John W
Management response:Responded July 15, 2017

Certainly someone entering your room is a very serious situation and I want to apologize on behalf of the hotel and the staff. This incident should have been more thoroughly investigated and I will speak with our Director of Security to make sure that this will not happen again. Please let me know if you would like to further discuss the situation as I am available by phone at 505-988-4541 or email dauckerman@hhandr.com

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Terrible valet service. They were bossy and would not listen to us trying to tell them we were still checking in and couldn't unload yet. The concierge tried to make it up to us with cookies and fruit and brut, and the restaurant staff and food were very sweet and attentive. The night staff was from a horror movie though. When I came down because our three room keys were not letting us in, the lady at te desk told me my keys were fine even though she reactivated them. The security guard went up and opened the door with his master key to prove me wrong. He scared my friend and our children who were already getting ready for bed. Angry, I returned the fruit, cookies, and wine. The night clerk promptly called security on me. Creepy and intimidating and unhelpful. Stay at your own risk and lock yourself in your room before 10 pm before the trolls go on duty.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
16  Thank Deborah W
Management response:Responded July 13, 2017

My staff and myself did everything we could to try to accommodate your needs during your stay with us. It was unfortunate that your harsh words and loud tone caused us to have to call security from the front desk. We have taken your comments into consideration but stand behind the staff's decisions during a difficult situation.