1,894 results
All reviews the executive lounge great location front desk outdoor fireplace historic plaza within walking distance breakfast buffet parking fee per day fire pit third floor few blocks hot tub rooms are large easy walk fitness center downtown area
Reviewed March 21, 2016

This hotel is very cool inside, but that really doesn't add a lot when I review hotels. It's all about the room and how we sleep in the beds. Our family did not sleep well at all the night we stayed. There is something missing...hard to put a finger on it. Also, it's ridiculous to make people pay for parking here. They have a big lot that has plenty of space and also has a gate, so why make it pay when you've already charged a little more for the room than other places nearby. The room was also a little dirty.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Tohnia M, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2016

Dear "LittleR0cker",
It is nice to know you enjoyed the décor of the hotel. While all of the hotels in the Historic Plaza area of Santa Fe charge for parking, we do ensure ours is always on the lowest end of the range. I have reviewed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper as pride ourselves on our attentiveness to cleanliness throughout the property.
I do hope we will have another opportunity to turn around your impression. If so please book with me directly so that I may personally ensure a prefect stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2016 via mobile

First of all, this hotel is nothing like it appears on this website. It is WAY better.

I was fully expecting a bit of old-school Santa Fe "frump," based on pictures from this site; but what we found was more like a boutique hotel. This design more resembles Z-Gallerie than Restoration Hardware—so you're bound to appreciate the decor if you're into the whole "rustic-glam" look. FWIW, I'm not, since I'm more of a midcentury devotee, but I was still won-over by this property. The rooms were absolutely charming, including original / signed / limited edition artwork. My bathroom was enormous and well laid-out with really strong shower pressure. There was also a lingering (proprietary?) perfume in the air that reminded me of other boutique hotels I've stayed in. I didn't eat breakfast in the cafe, even though I was on the "bed & breakfast rate," but others in my group did. I heard only rave reviews. The location is also ideal, just steps from great shopping, culture, and restaurants.

Be aware, though, that check-in was painfully slow. Compared to other properties we visited on this trip—Hampton Inns and Home2Stays—it felt like they were using an outdated computer system and doing everything by hand. I suspect they might also have been under-staffed, despite being sold-out for the night. The people I interacted with were all lovely and helpful.

I'd bet hotel competition is fierce in Santa Fe, but I'd have no hesitation staying here again. In fact, I'm already eager to go back!

2  Thank Peter T
Tohnia M, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2016

Dear “plt981”,
Thank you so very much for the very kind personal review of your stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed the hotel and the staff and will be staying with us again. We do hope it is sooner rather than later.
Warm regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2016

The hotel part is fine, nice room, nice facilities, downtown Santa Fe. But the food part is not good. Don't eat there, go somewhere else. Dinner made me ill and I could not finish it. The snacks in the Executive Lounge can best be described as pathetic. I think the only kitchen facility in the hotel is a microwave, and they don't know how to use it.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear “Jaybardin”,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our accommodations. It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your meal or the complimentary offerings in our Executive Lounge. When the staff informed that you were displeased with your meal we did take it off of the bill for you and I apologize again that you did not enjoy it. I assure you we do not prepare food in a microwave. That said, we are very excited about our new restaurant and bar and will be rolling out a brand new menu very shortly.
I do hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you.

Very kind regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2016

My husband and I are snowbirds and returned home via Santa Fe. We wanted a hotel that was near the center of everything but not too pricey (i.e., Four Seasons). The Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza was perfect for us! It was 2 blocks from the beautiful square, easy on/off the freeway and in excellent condition. It was NOT a cookie-cutter hotel and had beautiful, local touches in the decor throughout the property. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nancy Z.,

Thank you so much for the kind review and recommendation! I am pleased you enjoyed the unique décor and local touches throughout the hotel. We have continued to invest in improvements to the property that we think our guests would appreciate.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2016

Check in was very smooth and hotel staff very helpful. Room was nice and when we needed extra towels, they brought them right away. There is a wonderful outdoor fireplace that we sat around and the kids were able to play Munchkin outside in March. Breakfast bar is okay - standard except that they will make you eggs to order! Our server was the highlight of the trip. She made us feel right at home and when one omelet came out wrong, she whisked it away and brought it back right. Told us she stood there to make sure they didn't mess it up again and we believed her (she was quite entertaining telling the story). We enjoyed being able to easily walk where we wanted to go from the the hotel. Great experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Riva H.,

I am so pleased your family visit to Santa Fe at our Hilton Historic Plaza was a great experience. I will be sure to follow up with our breakfast staff to let them know they made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Best regards,