1,030 results
All reviews kiva suite national cemetery shuttle service free shuttle on site restaurant front desk staff new mexico the room was nice southwestern style downtown area king room minute drive plaza santa margaritas opera francis
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

I had friends from Virginia visiting and we spent a day and a night in Santa Fe. The hotel accommodations were fantastic they easily put both of our rooms right together. The man driving the shuttle van was great! The rooms were clean and spacious. The pool area was lovely wished I would have been able to spend time there. Nice to have a restaurant and bar on site. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lisamohair
Lawrence M, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear lisamohair,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and for your 5 bubble review! Thank you for mentioning our fantastic accommodations, Danny on the shuttle, and our clean and spacious rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge at Santa Fe on your next visit to New Mexico.

The Lodge at Santa Fe
505-992-5816

Reviewed August 20, 2018

It is a shame that obnoxious policies mar the experience of this nice property. I'm referring to the check-in policy. We arrived at 3:15...early for their official 4:00 pm check in. I asked whether there were any rooms ready and the front desk clerk said, yes, rooms were ready but she would have to charge me a $35 early check in fee. "Even though the room is ready you will still charge me a fee?" "Yes." I was, by the way, the only person in the lobby checking in. So we put two cranky children back in the car and drove around for 45 minutes - not because we couldn't afford the $35 dollars but because we didn't want to feel ripped off...which is how this punitive policy felt. We'll give The Lodge a pass next time.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa H

Dear Melissa H,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for reviewing our property. As we do have an early check-in fee, it is more so in the event that someone is trying to check in very early and we do not have the room type ready, therefore having to have housekeeping rush the specific room type they would have had ready before 4 PM. I apologize we were unable to accommodate you when you originally arrived. I would love to speak with you more in person about your overall experience. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 505-992-5816.

lmontoya@hhandr.com

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

The room had real nice New Mexico style decor, furnishings and art. Bed was comfortable enough. The Hill Top bar and restaurant was pretty good too. Overall good choice. I have to say that the $15 a day extra charge for I cant remember what they called it, but it was for the shuttle, which wasnt reliable at the time of our visit, water and snacks in our room. Two granola bars and two bottles of water a day. I think they need to ditch that charge and provide water anyway. It was cheezy and I would rather just pay for the room. The pool area outside looked nice and the lounge chairs were very comfortable. You could take a nap out there.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly E

Dear Kimberly E,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lodge at Santa Fe, and for pointing out the Hilltop bar and restaurant, and our wonderful pool area. I am sorry to read about the issues you had with the shuttle during your stay as that is something included in our service fee. I will address this with the shuttle manager immediately. Our service also includes parking, wifi, bottled water and snack bars in the room, as well as use of the pool, hot tub and workout facility. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope that on your next visit to New Mexico you'll allow the Lodge at Santa Fe the opportunity to serve you again.

lmontoya@hhandr.com

Reviewed August 16, 2018

I could tell this hotel was once a very nice place to stay maybe 10 years ago, but now it is relegaded to the 'forgotten child' with needed attention to both exterior/interior and the grounds (lots of weeds around the property and a lot next to the pool... go figure!). Still it was a decent place to stay if you don't need to hang out in the hotel. The staff was very nice and ambiance was representative of 'the city different'. My room was upgraded to a mini-suite and I found it pleasant. I was a little taken back at the $15/night extra I had to pay so I could get wi-fu, 2 granola bars, shuttle to the plaza, water and coffee in my room. A bit of a rip-off I think.
With a little elbow grease this place could get a 4 star rating, but given the need for some TLC I am giving it 3 stars.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back. I like to sleep with the windows open, but had to shut them due to the traffic noise can keeping my awake.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kathy E
Reviewed August 16, 2018

My husband and I chose this venue to hold our wedding reception. Cecily and Israel did an exceptional job to make our event beautiful and memorable. They went above and beyond to take the stress out of day. I would highly recommend The Lodge for any large catering event!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple