“Epitome of 5 Diamond Service”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Epitome of 5 Diamond Service”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Walking in to the resort, I'm met by the valet with a smile. The concierge knew exactly who I was, and the front desk was so excited to see my puppy and gave him a delicious treat! Each day I was greeted by the staff asking what my plans were, how my dog was, did we have a good walk, how was geocaching (they asked what is was first)...etc.Every person made me feel like I was a good old friend returning home for a visit. I work in the hotel industry as well, and I most appreciate when hotels don't just service and cater to their guests, but they more importantly, genuinely befriend them. And that's exactly how you'll feel when you stay here. Guests are not just a room number, they are friends. The staff takes a genuine interest in each guest. That is what this industry should be, and that truly is EXACTLY what the Inn & Spa at Loretto and their employees are!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank AddisonConcierge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
New Mexico
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Always enjoy returning here. So convenient to everything. Beautiful hotel, nice Adobe style. So close to walking to Plaza - for relaxation, romance, dining, shopping - it's all at your fingertips. I do think the $18 per day parking and $14 resort fee is a bit steep. There are less expensive choices nearby and they may want to consider lowering those two fees. Parking at a nearby meter is also free after 6PM Saturday and all day Sunday.

4 Thank rtffax
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife had a business conference at the Loretto so I tagged along to check out Santa Fe. The hotel looks great when you enter. Courtieous valets took the car and the front desk was nice and friendly.

Our room on the other hand, was okay. The rooms seem dated and have not seen a recent update. The bathroom although larger than normal had a double sink that took up alot of room. Not sure I see the need for a double sink.

The location was fantastic for walking the city. A must do is El Farol and Dinner for Two.

Overall the hotel was above average but I think the rate would make me look at other options if I return to SF.

5 Thank gunns4sail
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 20 March 2012

So close to the Loretto Chapel, I could almost touch it from my balcony. An amazing room, super comfy bed, and the staff goes above and beyond. I had never been to Santa Fe before, but my experience at Loretto was what I imagined it would be - a whole other world. Just a block off the Square, we were able to go back and forth between the two without getting super sore feet. My daughters loved the heated pool, how often do you get to swim in March? The foo? So delicious! Oh and the must eat attraction at Luminaria is the dessert! Pastry Chef Andrea is so gifted at what she does.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank jenny f
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful, it is a shame that they do not pay attention to the most basic of details on their guest rooms. The first room that we were put in smelled like camp fire. We called the front desk and voiced our concern. We were told that the smell would disapate by the evening if we would leave the window open. By 1am it was so bad that my son had an asthma attack and I had a migraine. We finally insisted on switching rooms at 2am. We were then put in a room with a nonfunctional AC, the room was so hot that I was unable to sleep. As if that was not enough the bathroom had beetle bugs in it and the mattress was less comfortable than the floor. The next morning we called and had to insist that they change our room. They provided us with a free breakfast but it hardly made up for the inconvience and horrible experience we suffered through the first night.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Aaberger
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This property is wonderful! The staff is very courteous and friendly. The room was lovely and the restaurants were delicious.
The property is in walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend staying at the Inn and Spa at Loretto.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SLB0517
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My travel partner was adorably curled up near the headboard of the enticingly elegant and comfortable expanse that passes for a bed at the Inn and Spa at Loretto in Santa Fe. Her legs folded under her, the pillows strewn all about, she was draped in one of the lush robes The Inn provides its guests, and casually turning the pages of the city’s “Pasatiempo,” a weekly of high regard that covers the broad array of art, books, culture, concerts, events, and openings.

We were in town for an indie premier produced and directed by one of my friends.

I was just out of the shower, and like her, in a robe, toweling my hair dry while flipping through the channels of the large LCD in a niche on the wall above the fireplace. The Inn had put us in one of their stylish Junior Suites, which “suited” us fine, with a plenty of room, two sinks in the bath, and two comfortable leather chairs placed in alignment with the TV, just above the stylishly faux fireplace. (Switch off the room lights, and set a match to the “candles” in the fireplace to enhance the romantic mood.)

I crossed the room, the thick colorful carpet underfoot. Pushing the drapes away from the patio doors, I saw the afternoon sun was bathing our personal patio in light an artist could admire. I stepped out, and felt it’s warmth on my face, a very slight March breeze freshening things up.

I called back into the room suggesting that we had time for a glass of wine on the patio before we head out. Thinking that it might be too cold for that, she countered with a recommendation of champagne in the room. I knew that would keep us in our luxurious suite long enough to prevent us making the premier.

When I returned to the room she was cuddling one of The Inn’s plush toy black bears and asked if she and the bear were going to get fed.

I told her that I had made reservations at Luminaria, the warm, friendly restaurant in the hotel with a great menu. That made her happy enough to ask for the champagne again.

We never made it to the premier.

The Inn and Spa at Loretto: for the romantic in everyone.

6 Thank TYounis