“Good sushi, served fresh and fast”

crazy King Kong sushi
Ranked #106 of 223 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We have gotten used to seeing the same sushi rolls offered everywhere, and this place is no exception. But the selection is very large, the fish tastes fresh, and when we mentioned a tight schedule to make a movie, the dishes materialized sooner than I expected. Points for that!

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was just ok for their AYCE / All You Can Eat menu. The sushi tasted ok and did the job but was far from the best. I've had better sushi from those prepackaged grocery store sushi sets.

The nigiri was the best part, however the halibut was so firm I couldn't even bite into it. They left the scales on too...it was nasty.

The yellow tale and tuna nigiri were pretty good though, buttery soft and fresh tasting.

Biggest complaints other than the nasty halibut was the seaweed used to wrap the rolls. Very cheap, too firm and hard to chew. Chicken Teriyaki was very dry.

They do have a decent happy hour on beer, I think it was $.98 per drink.

The only way I would come back is if I was desperate.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I think this is one of the more affordable sushi restaurants around and clearly the all-you-can-eat menu is a popular option, probably for good reason.

We were there for dinner though and whereas the fish is fresh and the restaurant well maintained, it was fairly unremarkable food. Also, oddly the booths are reserved for the all-you-can-eat diners, leaving people who are paying more for the full menu to sit in the less comfortable and less private table area.

However, it's not a bad restaurant and again, the sushi was fresh. Just a fairly unimaginative menu and truly, judging from the crowd for the all-you-can-eat at dinner, probably where the restaurant does the majority of their business.

Good value, fresh fish, but unremarkable otherwise.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We went as a party of 8 including children. The service was quick and efficient. Food was fabulous and drinks very reasonably priced and good. Tempura vegetables were excellent as were the various sushi rolls we ordered. A great experience.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Everything was perfect.
I guess Simon; senior sushi chef, is the best sushi chef ever.
He served every order perfectly that we asked particularly even though it was really busy time.
We really enjoyed here.